Fedora 14 and BibleAnalyzer 4.1.0 works sort of

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
AZdave

Fedora 14 and BibleAnalyzer 4.1.0 works sort of

Post by AZdave »

After Installing a lot of packages and using alien to convert the .deb to .rpm I got the 4.1.0 version to work with fedora 14.

I kept getting this error when I started up.
/usr/share/bibleanalyzer install folder
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/analyzer4.py", line 28, in <module>
from espeak import espeak
ImportError: No module named espeak

So I just commented out line 28. I don't even have speakers connected,
28 # Was: from espeak import espeak

And it looks like it is working.
I tried to install the free Commentaries and Dictionaries but had problems. Missing .idx files

But the free bibles and books seem to be working.

Thought you would like to know. It is late here I'll try using it tomorrow...

AZdave
Ps: 1st post. Hi!
PPS: alien from http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/alien
PPPS: machine info
Linux mycroft.localdomain 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 3 13:23:06 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps." -- Proverbs 16:9

rob4Christ

Re: Fedora 14 and BibleAnalyzer 4.1.0 works sort of

Post by rob4Christ »

Hi Dave,

I don't know about audio, but the .idx file problem is one I had to deal with when I started using BA. Here is a copy of a comment I sent to another user that also had this issue:

when I had my issues with the the modules, I fixed the issue by putting the modules in /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/bible (if it was a bible. Put commentaries, etc in the proper subdirectory), then I ran the command "sudo bibleanalyzer" (sans quotes). The program recognized the modules and created any needed companion files, like the .idx files.

I only needed to do this once, then I was able to open bibleanalyzer normally without the sudo from then on.

Hope this helps..

God Bless,
Robert V

AZdave

Re: Fedora 14 and BibleAnalyzer 4.1.0 works sort of

Post by AZdave »

@Robert V

It did not quite work.
rob4Christ wrote: ...
when I had my issues with the the modules, I fixed the issue by putting the modules in /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/bible (if it was a bible. Put commentaries, etc in the proper subdirectory), then I ran the command "sudo bibleanalyzer" (sans quotes). The program recognized the modules and created any needed companion files, like the .idx files.
User root or 'sudo bibleanalyzer' created some errors. I put the thumbdive version on a windows machine and that made the idx files. Then I copied to the the idx files to my linux box. It works now. That is very handy use on a thumbdrive.

I can try an set the root account later. I could have also change permissions on the directories with the new files in /usr/share/analyzer/modules/...

Thanks
"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps." -- Proverbs 16:9