Installation in Ubuntu

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Spirit of Elijah

Installation in Ubuntu

Post by Spirit of Elijah »

Firstly thank you for the software - it is brilliant and works well. I downloaded the programme and installed using the Debian installer and all went well. I do have an issue with the modules however. It took quite a bit of searching and intuitive guesswork to find out how to install the modules in linux. To save problems could you attach instructions so that people know that they go into a hidden folder in the Home folder. Not everyone who would like to use this is savvy with where things are.

Now despite my trying I cannot get the Websters 1828 to work. I downloaded the module for linux but it does not extract in any usable form such as .dict, etc. How does this actually install? The ABPI module also does not extract in any usable form.

Many thanks for your help....

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Installation in Ubuntu

Post by Tim »

Is this the Webster's file you tried?
http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/Free/d-web1828a.dct.bz2

Be sure it is extracted to the "hidden" modules/dictionary folder. We had to place the folders under the user folder because of permissions. v4 will deal with it a litle better.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Spirit of Elijah

Post by Spirit of Elijah »

Thank you for your response. That module is actually different from the one on your download page and it actually worked. :D

What about the Apostles Bible (APBI) module? This has the same problem - any solutions?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'll take a look at it.

There is a new 4.1 Linux beta available. Look at the recent post.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)