Bible Analyzer 3.9 Linux beta

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 3.9 Linux beta

Post by Tim »

You are quite welcome. I'm glad you find it of value.

To all Linux users,
What issues need addressed for the 3.9 release candidate?

I will disable the annoying popups described above.
Make the Preferences Dialog resizeable, if the platform allows it.

Anything else?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

paeuk

Post by paeuk »

Hi Tim,

The only additional thing that comes to mind is the following:

Is it possible to have verse persistence when moving between windows. I think I saw this topic mentioned somewhere in the forum but can't recall. What I'm referring to is that when I have the Bible window maximised and a verse highlighted through the verse focus, when I select Dictionary (icon) and later return to the Bible window the application returns to the start of the chapter rather than remaining at the focus verse.

I would also like to add my thanks for your willingness to put the time into sorting the Linux 3.9 for what I assume is a limited user base. Very much appreciated :)

Paul

paeuk

Post by paeuk »

Hi Tim,

I've run across a problem that I hadn't noticed before. It seems that the Linux 3.9 version has a problem with the Companion BIble Appendices index.

No index topic list appears when the CB-APP is select in the Dictionary window. When selecting from the CB-Notes an appendix it indicates that it's not found n the Companion Bible Apprendices, 1909 (in the Dict window).

I've tried the following:

1) Delete BA config.ini
2) Delete the .idx file in the Dictionary Modules folder
3) Delete the .dct and .idx files so that BA remove the Dictionary from the display list and then place the .dct file back in the folder so that BA re-indexes

I'm also running 3.9 Windows version in WIne (from testing before you released the 3.9 Linux Beta) and the CB-APP works fine in there with the full list of appendices in the topics window/list.

I also copied the same .dct file from the .wine installation modules folder and put it in the Linux 3.9 folder but still not success.

Any ideas please.

[UPDATE: It occurred to me to try and use the .idx file from the .wine installation and copy it to the Linux Module folder. That worked, so it's running okay for me now :) .... I assume this means that the Linux 3.9 has a problem when creating the index from the CB-APP.dct file - hope that helps]

Thanks
Paul

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Hopefully the retaining page state/position will be implemented in version 4.0.

The .idx issue is peculiar. I'll look into it.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I'm having trouble with the full websters 1828 module. There are no words in the database at all. Now it's possible my module is just too old, but not sure. I bought the CD for 3.7.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

There is an encoding issue with the full 1828. Here is one that should work.

http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/web1828.zip
Tim Morton

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Thank you so much. It works really well.