3.7.001 RC

The place to discuss the Linux/Ubuntu edition
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 3.7.001 RC

Post by Tim »

Yes, the Tools in Tools.modTools may have to be lower case. It must match the case of the Tools folder under usr/share/bibleanalyzer/. It would probably be easier to change the folder from tools to Tools than the code.

If that doesn't work, let me know.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

All cases look fine:

Folder: /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/Tools
File in Tools folder: modTools.py
Code in analyzer3.py: Tools.modTools

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Thank you so much it works.

Something to put in a potential update. It would be much better in linux to have /home/[USER]/.Public or /home/[USER]/.bibleanalyzer so that it is a hidden folder and doesn't get in the way of other things users might be doing in their home folder.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'll look into the tools matter.

There is a new .deb file http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/files/bibl ... 1_i386.deb. It is around 9MB though, but it there to try if you wish.

The hidden folders are an obstacle to some. I get emails from people who can't find the Modules folder in Windows because it is hidden by default in Application Data or ProgramData folder. Linux users are usually a little more knowledgeable, but I still get letters over permissions and such. I envision someone trying to create a module and then can't find it in a hidden folder. Hiding the folder may be the Linux way, but it is not intuitive to an ordinary user (but they are easy to reveal in Linux).

Also, the Public folder was already there in my edition of Ubuntu (9.04). It must be a default folder, now.

I'll think about it, thanks.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Hi Tim

The Tools.modTools issue happens on my home PC as well. Can't quite figure it out. All looks fine, but something is amiss.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

The install from the DEB file fixed the issues to the Tools directory. All is working fine.

Thanks Tim
Bro. mike

paeuk

Post by paeuk »

Hi Tim,

I managed to get the 3.7 Linux version working on my EeePC Ubuntu Netbook Remix using the .deb file link and just wanted to say a big thanks for including the new module location under the home folder which has made a big difference in being able to load much more of the resources than I could on my limited 4Gig primary partition.

Thanks again.

Paul