AKJV & ASV with Strongs

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Tim
Site Admin

AKJV & ASV with Strongs

Post by Tim »

Now available free in the Download Manager are two new Bible downloads tagged with Strong's numbers: The AKJVs and ASVs. This makes four free English Bibles with Strong's available for Bible Analyzer, AVs, AKJVs, ASVs, WRVs, plus some Hebrew and Greek titles.

The AKJV is a simple word update of the KJV. From what I have seen it only updates some of the older words to their modern equivalent. It does not change the meaning of any words and is thus in my opinion much superior to the NKJV. For those who insist on a Bible other than the KJV/AV, it is one I mention.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Re: AKJV & ASV with Strongs

Post by JPG »

ASVs Has various issues at a quick look.

Where there isn't a word but there is an underlying Strong's the word 'None' appears. See Ephesians 1:6(I suspect this is a repeated error)
Job 40 is lacking Strong's numbers along with Numbers 3:39; Psalms 18:1; 26:1-12; 91:7-16.
Mat 6:28 appears to have the Strong's numbers from verse 29 attached.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the notice.

It was a conversion of the Cross Word Project text. Clearly, I should have checked it more. I did add some missing numbers to Acts 28, but didn't check closely for more.

The "None" entries were a remnant of Cross Word Project's inconsistent database file which I failed to compensate for in my conversion script. I assumed it was consistent...but one gets into trouble assuming. I removed them (around 150) and uploaded a revised file for the Download Manager so at the least the words of the text are less corrupted even if some of the Strong's numbers are wrong or missing.

I'll fix these number issues when I get time if there are not too many more.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

The only other verses lacking Strong's that I note are
1Chr 18:5
2Chr 22:1
Rev 12:13

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I went ahead and inserted numbers in the verses mentioned plus also found them missing in Luk 18:19 and Rom 8:34 and inserted those as well. I ran a check on each line to see if it has at least one number and they all now do, (except the 16 verses that have no text at all). I also fixed the Mat 6:28 error. I have not check for more errors like this.

The fixed ASVs is uploaded for the Download Manager.
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

My final offerings...

Lev 5:11-13 are not supposed to be all italics, only the words 'and the remnant' are italic.

Song of Solomon is not displayed as it is Son 0:1 in the database. Looking at the data there is quite amusing as it repeats the words of, of, of, of, of, Solomon, Solomon, Solomon..... before it gets to the verse proper.

Jude 1:1 is duplicated and located in the final verse of 3John.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Fixed and uploaded.
Thanks.
Tim Morton