Searching Biblical Illustrator Commentary

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
rcbenjamin

Searching Biblical Illustrator Commentary

Post by rcbenjamin »

It takes the program 2 min and 10 seconds to complete a phrase search for "any do inquire" in the Biblical Illustrator compared to 2 seconds when I search for the same phrase in Biblical Illustrator using Sword Searcher. I would like to do a search in all the commentaries at one time in Bible Analyzer on this phrase but it will take too long to complete it and it may lock up my computer. What can I do to speed this process up?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Searching Biblical Illustrator Commentary

Post by Tim »

I just did a search of the BI here and it took about 2 seconds.

I'm not sure what the issue is in your case. Is searching always that slow? even on other titles? Are single word searches slow also? Is it only slow when you are searching for phrases in quotes?

Depending on how many titles are installed, searching all titles of one group should not take more than 10 or 15 seconds. Usually it is much quicker.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rcbenjamin

Re: Searching Biblical Illustrator Commentary

Post by rcbenjamin »

I only have one commentary and one dictionary loaded in the Session Manager. The program searches fast on single words and on words without quotes in the Biblical Illustrator but when I put a phrase in quotes it drags it down to a very slow pace. I don't have this issue with the other commentaries. Can you send me an updated file of the Biblical Illustrator at my email address?