Modules Not Seen by BA

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Mueleski

Modules Not Seen by BA

Post by Mueleski »

Hi,
Had downloaded the trial version and installed it, liked it, and then bought the CD. CD arrived and I placed the extra modules as instructed but the program will not see them. Thought it was because I had installed the free version so went to install the version on disk, but it won't install because the installed version is newer. I'm I having a problem with the version I have installed--I did come back to the sight and downloaded a version that said it was 3.7.2 and installed it again but my modules won't show up. If I go into the preferences page it still only shows the the two Bible modules, 2 commentaries and so on, even though the modules are in the correct folders. When I look in the folders though, the original files have different permissions. The ones that originally loaded are root permissions and the new ones I moved over are not and I can change permissions on them if I wanted from the file utility. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks for any help,
John

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Modules Not Seen by BA

Post by Tim »

Are you placing the modules under the home/YOURUSERNAME/.bibleanalyzer/Modules/ folders? There is also a usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules folder but they should not go there. That folder is owned by root and cannot be written to by the app. In fact, it can be deleted. I had to put the files there on initial installation and them copy them to the User folder on first run so user modules could be saved. A .deb file cannot install anything in the USER folder. (It took me days to figure that out.)

If this doesn't work let me know and we will try something else.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)