E-Sword Module Conversion

Deals with using and making modules and other resources
Tim
Site Admin

E-Sword Module Conversion

Post by Tim »

Version 3.7 (Suite editions) has an e-sword module converter. It will attempt to convert Bible, dictionary, and commentary modules into Bible Analyzer module format. As mentioned before, it will only convert non encrypted modules, and all modules found on e-sword.net are encrypted. (Please do not write me about converting these. If you feel the need to comment on it, write the author of e-sword and ask him why he feels he must encrypt public domain texts).

If a user does attempt to convert an encrypted e-sword module, the converter may show success, but when the module is viewed the text will be garbled. The only alternative is to delete the module (or uncheck it in Manage Library in Preferences).

User made modules, which are not encrypted, can be successfully converted. One place they can be found is, http://e-sword-users.org, but some there are also encrypted.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Re: E-Sword Module Conversion

Post by darrel_jw »

Hello Tim,
I have been trying to convert e-Sword modules (from BibleSupport.com), and am having miserable success. I am trying to convert bbl, cmt, dct and top modules. I can convert a few .top modules, but am not able to convert any Bibles, Commentaries or Dictionaries! They are all non-encrypted, and the Module creation tools returns the same message: "The converter encountered an error and has been aborted. Due to inconsistant formatting or other issues, some e-sword modules cannot be reliably converted." In this case the module is "The Complete Apostles' Bible.bbl". I am running BA 5.0 beta on Ubuntu Studio 15.10

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

esword modules are not consistent at all. They use different RTF specs, formatting, encoding, etc., which makes conversion difficult. Maybe some day esword will abandon the no longer developed RTF markup for a more recent markup system, such as HTML.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Forest

Post by Forest »

I contacted them recently on this. I was told by the developer that there was no reason to use an e-sword module outside of e-sword since e-sword is free.