Dictionary jumps to word clicked on

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
srice

Dictionary jumps to word clicked on

Post by srice »

I may have mentioned this before, and perhaps there is a way to turn this off that I'm not aware of. I'm always clicking on a window to highlight a verse, or select a window so I can control that window for scrolling or something of that nature. Every time I click, the dictionary jumps to that word. It drives me buggy. I kind of wish that there was a way to do either or:

1. Shut it off via preferences (Perhaps this is an option and I cannot find it?)

2. Qualify the dictionary search with a separate button push. For example, if I push Alt and click a word, it would look it up in the dictionary, but other wise would ignore the click.

Am I missing something? Overlooking something? Perhaps I'm just a click-a-holic that needs to learn not to click so much.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Dictionary jumps to word clicked on

Post by Tim »

In the Dictionary Toolbar there is a Sync Button that is on by default. Just toggle it off and word clicks will not activate the Dictionary Panel or make the word the Current Word.

The same can be done for the Commentaries.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

srice

Re: Dictionary jumps to word clicked on

Post by srice »

Posting this for even myself!

If you click on the Dictionary window, and then select the 'Link' icon, you can shut-off the dictionary from jumping to a word that is clicked! I thought it was in there somewhere. I often overlook things like this. I hope this helps someone else.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com