license.txt

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
bookittie

license.txt

Post by bookittie »

I would like to thank you once again for putting together such a great app.

I am seeking clarification on a sentence included in your license.txt. Could you clarify it for me..
'Bible analyzer must not be used to criticize, undermine,subvert, or in any way question the accuracy or integrity of biblical Christianity or the Authorized King James Bible.'

I get that you endorse the King James Authorized Version and second the notion of preserving a definitive text. However the definition of 'Biblical Christianity' varries and mine may not equate to yours.... There are several commonly taught doctrines that I take exception to. Where do I stand in correlation to that statement?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: license.txt

Post by Tim »

True, different people interpret "biblical Christianity" differently, but our intention is to try and keep people from using Bible Analyzer as a tool for criticism or mockery of the Scriptures, especially since it can be customized. The last thing we want to see is images of Bible Analyzer's title bar customized to say something like "God is dead" or worse.

Yes, we believe the AV is the pure word of God in English, but anyone who does not believe so can still use Bible Analyzer as long as they refrain from using it to publicly criticize the AV. This may be an unenforceable stipulation, but we still want to try and protect the very Scriptures that lead us to Christ and teaches us of His ways.

In a nutshell, anyone can use Bible Analyzer as long as they believe their doctrine comes from the Scriptures. I realize this is rather vague but our purpose is not to judge others on relatively minor differences but to try and protect the program from being abused.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bookittie

Post by bookittie »

Thanks for the clarification. The just I got was that you do not want to see your software plastered all over inappropriate comments. I can respect that.

I'll say it once again... Great work! I find your software to be among the best Bible Study apps available today.

I can't wait to see what happens in 5.x.

I have been interested in learning a program language latelty but cannot decide which one.... Java C Python etc.

Seeing what you have done in Python is generating some curiosity....

May our Lord bless you.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the kind words.

Version 5 is going to have more unique features, such as Advanced Conceptual Filtering. I do not know of any other software having anything like it. It will allow the user to filter any verse list, including search results, according to various customizable topics and terms. I know this description doesn't explain much, but we hope to have some videos soon that will demonstrate v5 features. There are several new features.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)