BA's PayPal Link

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
MPaul

Re: BA's PayPal Link

Post by MPaul »

OK -- I have tried to carry out my experiment, of finding the files of the Henry and K&D that work in the standard BA 4.0, and then copying them to the portable BA and the Linux BA.

Going into the BA 4.0 file, there is no modules folder. No modules are located there. Recall, the installation of these modules indicated they were placed in C/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/BA/Modules. However, I still do not have such a location on the computer in Windows. Doing a search, these files do not come up -- as if they do not exist, except they do display on opening the software. I found a Users Modules file at C/Documents and Settings/admin/My Documents/BA Users Modules. This folder was empty.

Hmm... the bible says difficult things require fasting. Maybe at some point.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is a screenshot of what the portable installation looks like. All the modules are under the modules folder. A regular installation does not have the modules folder in that location but in,

For example, in Windows XP the typical location would be,
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Bible Analyzer

In Windows Vista and 7 the path would be,
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bible Analyzer
portable folder.png
portable folder.png (43.92 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Nope -- that's just not how my Windows OS is.

I searched under Modules, Bible Analyzer, the names of the commentary files, and nothing comes up... except for what I had transferred in from the extracted Linux files. The empty Bible Analyzer User Modules files also comes up. The modules folders under the portable versions come up, but these do not have the files I'm looking for.

The modules under the standard version 4 of BA simply are hidden and so are also the resources.

So... this is just typical Windows. I learned a long time ago that trying to do things in Windows is a waste of time.

However, I do not mind waiting until the Linux stuff is all corrected, even if that takes a lot of time. I do have Henry working already and others. It seems it is just the K&D that has a problem.

At any rate, if anything comes to me later, I'll post about it.

In the mean time, just don't worry about it. Everything is cool.