Bookmarks, another BMs question

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
rachristenson1

Bookmarks, another BMs question

Post by rachristenson1 »

Tim,

I know in the "Version 4.0.1 — Feature Release New/Modified Features", you have the statement:
"A Bookmarks Menu which holds ten verse bookmarks with hot-keys. Shift+Entry will allow an existing BM to be changed." I sorry my friend, it does not work for me. When I try it, the BOOKMARKS drop-down menu closes as soon as I press the "Shift" key, before I even have the chance to hit the "ENTER" key.

Where am I going wrong.
Randy

JPG

Re: Bookmarks, another BMs question

Post by JPG »

Hi Tim, note also that the Alt+b is already assigned to the max/min of the Bible view so there is a conflict on the bookmarks menu using that key assignment.

Alt+t is taken by the Bible tree on/off, so Tools, menu conflicts.

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks, another BMs question

Post by Tim »

Randy,

I could have worded the Bookmark feature better. Where is says "shift+entry" that does not mean hitting the "Enter" key. What I meant to say is holding down the shift key when you click on an existing Bookmark entry will allow one to edit the existing entry. Clicking an existing entry without shift will jump to that verse. If an entry is empty or open, clicking it will open the edit dialog also.

While checking this I noticed that hitting the hotkey (Alt+1, etc.) opened the edit box instead of jumping to the verse. This got broke along the way. Will fix.

Jon,

Its amazing how one can overlook the obvious. I completely missed the conflicts. The Tools key is now Alt+O and the Bookmark Menu is Alt+K.

I will have 4.0.5 ready soon. It fixes some printing/exporting of images issues, some Parallel generator issues, and has better support for foreign texts, etc. Also, will release the SBL Greek NT and Apparatus and a couple new .pll modules

Thanks to you both.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)