Bible Analyzer Express Download?

Suggestions and Ideas about new features
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer Express Download?

Post by Tim »

Does anyone think there would be an interest/benefit in having a Bible Analyzer download edition that contained more modules than the free edition but not all those on the Bible Analyzer Suite CD-Rom? I was thinking of a download size of around 60-80 MB. All the modules on the CD push 400MB compressed. That is too much to download, but 60-80 MB is not that bad for people with broadband.

If some of the larger modules and image sets are removed this size can be reached with most of the modules retained. To help aid development there will be a nominal charge for the download, but it will be less than the CD.

If so, what modules do you think would be the most benefit?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Re: Bible Analyzer Express Download?

Post by Brother Mike »

I believe that it would be a good idea to offer more for download.

The following would be at the top of my list:
Clark
JFB
MHC
Gill
Torrey's Topical

Strong
Easton
Smith
Webster (abridged)
Ussher

A set of your basic modules would be good, plus having some of the more advanced and larger volumes available for individual download for those that have the bandwitdth can have that option.

Having the CD available for minimal cost is good as well, for those needing a more robust set of tools.

Atlas

Re: Bible Analyzer Express Download?

Post by Atlas »

Guys,

I used the free BA for about 8 weeks before I ordered it. It was like a test drive for lack of a better term. A free BA up graded edition may work out well but I doubt it. There are a lot of people out there who will always try to get something for nothing. I say if they want a better BA than the free BA let them buy it. After useing it I found that I liked it because it was made by a man that was not a Bible corrector and was a very good Bible software program. I did not make it but if I did other than the basic free BA I would not give away anything else.

I use to give away free financial plans, then I learned that most folks do not value something they get for free as much as something they pay for. Tim you may do as you wish my friend. This is just one man's opinion.

Atlas
John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.