Error in Smith's Definition of Anathema

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
bigb2k

Error in Smith's Definition of Anathema

Post by bigb2k »

I just bought this yesterday from you guys and happy to have it for searching, but it just so happens the first word I looked up "Anathema" has an error! :shock:
The word anathema frequently occurs in St. Paul's writings, and is generally translated accused . An examination of the passages in which it occurs shows that it had acquired a more general sense as expressive either of strong feeling, Rom 9:3, or of dislike and condemnation. 1Co 12:3; 1Co 16:22; Gal 1:9.
See how it says the word is "generally translated as accused." Nope. Look at all the instances of that word and it's translated as "accursed" not accused. Then if you're like me you will look up the definitions of those words in the dictionary and really scratch your head or something. [insert facepalm emoticon here]

If you need to hire a proofreader, I'm available.

JPG

Re: Error in Smith's Definition of Anathema

Post by JPG »

This is the same data as used in theWord(yes I will fix that one in time), by the appearance of the same error.
I noticed also that there was a topic "Arat" that should be "Ararat". Noticed another in this topic, Mesopotomia, should be Mesopotamia....

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

These are OCR errors that can found found on occasion. That is how most of these older titles came to be digitized. Since these titles are often free or at very lost cost there are no funds available to pay a proofreader.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thank you guys! The great thing about BA is that I can see the verses in a pop-up so thanks for that feature.

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Hi Tim, what happened to the Smith's dictionary? Is it still available in another package?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Smith's is now available in the free section of the Download Manager.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thank you so much Tim!