Error in Strongs G1228

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
bigb2k

Error in Strongs G1228

Post by bigb2k »

So I was looking for the word "devil" just to experiment with your search features w/Strongs and when I went to Strongs word G1229 the last reference says "Judges 1:9" and I thought that was weird to see Greek in Judges right? And the verse has nothing to do with the devil. So I had to look in my paper Strongs Concordance to track down what you were referencing and it should say "Jude 1:9"

:?: ***Tim, is there a way I can make permanent notes in my copy of Bible Analyzer in places I find errors so I know what the references are supposed to point to?

Sorry to say, please take this as constructive feedback but I've only been using this software for a week and although the search features are great and it's main program is free I have found 2 errors, so that's why I'm asking how I can make notes in those places so that I don't get confused later.

Thanks

bigb2k

Re: Error in Strongs G1228

Post by bigb2k »

Also, I have the "Word Study Dictionary" and you say in your video that "all the words in the TR are there" but this word is not. Maybe it wasn't in the TR but I don't know. It just seems like the statement that all the words are in the WSD is not correct in this case. See https://youtu.be/SS2K4doCimc?t=6m53s for where you stated all the words from the TR is found in the WSD. Maybe I misunderstood, so just explain and I would really appreciate it as I'm still learning this software. Thank you.

JPG

Post by JPG »

All the words from the TRi are in the WSD (I checked) except one error that needs to be fixed in the TRi
Probably what needs to be understood is that the WSD just has all the words from the TRi in the topic list, but these are not the root words and the TRi here does not contain the roots, for that type of search Strong's numbers have to be used, so this is why words appear to be missing on searching.
16, καιG2532 λεγουσινG3004 τοιςG3588 ορεσινG3735 καιG2532 ταιςG3588 πετραιςμG4073 πεσετεG4098 εφ'G1909 ημαςG2248 καιG2532 κρυψατεG2928 ημαςG2248 αποG575 προσωπουG4383 τουG3588 καθημενουG2521 επιG1909 τουG3588 θρονουG2362 καιG2532 αποG575 τηςG3588 οργηςG3709 τουG3588 αρνιουG721

@Tim
there should not be the μ at the end of the word πετραιςμG4073

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the notice of the errors. I will fix them and upload a new StrongEx module soon.

As for the WSD, it is based on the Greek words of the TRi instead of Strong's Numbers. If you click a Greek word in the TRi it will flag the WSD for that word and display the data when the tab is selected. Here is a screenshot,
wsd.jpg
wsd.jpg (85.51 KiB) Viewed 21869 times
Jon is correct as the WSD does not use roots. It uses the actual words as found in the text.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

bigb2k

Post by bigb2k »

Thank you,

I think I am beginning to understand how that feature works. It shows the "morphological" meaning for Greek words in the TRi not for the strongs numbers. Which apparently means the study of how the word's meaning came to be created and concerns it's parts of speech and context in which the word was formed. My cousin took linguistics in college but this stuff is beyond me. So the WSD seems like a really interesting idea for those who are interested in linguistics and a unique feature of the software.

Typically, I tend to default to what the KJV seems to imply and confirm that by looking at other places that the word is used and for that I only need a Strongs concordance. If there is a book you are aware of that teaches biblical linguistics I'd appreciate it. My cousin took linguistics at a secular college so it's not really the same.

Final note, I figured out that I can just add notes under the commentary section and I think that sticks so that any time I find a reference to the wrong place, I can make a note indicating where the right place should be found.

JPG

Post by JPG »

If you find an incorrect reference it would be beneficial to everyone if you reported it so it can be fixed.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have corrected the faulty Judges references in the Strong's material and the extra character in the TRi. I uploaded the fixed titles to the server and if you reinstall the Wordstudy, Wordstudy-Heb, or Strong's bundles from within the Download Manager you will get the updates. Just check the box beside the title you own and click Download.

Thanks for the notices.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Hi Tim,
The s-strongEx seems to be missing data from the refindex table.

Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

StrongEx and the CWD modules do not have reference indexes with any data in them. The "Occurrences" lists that display are not actually part of the definitions but are merged with the definitions on the fly when they are displayed in the Dictionary Panel. Thus when the "indexer" scans the titles for references it doesn't find any since there are none in the actual text. We needed to separate the references because the Strong's data is used in other ways where the Occurrence references are not needed.
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thank you for the clarification.