Default commentary

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
Jerol

Default commentary

Post by Jerol »

Where will I find that the "Use Default Commentary" button so I can toggle it off?

JPG

Re: Default commentary

Post by JPG »

If you just don't want any commentary to synchronise, toggle the chain icon in the commentary window. There has to be a default commentary set as far as I can tell. You have the option to quickly set the current one as default by clicking the D icon. Long way is to go to preferences and set it there.

Jerol

Post by Jerol »

Thank you for such a quick reply.
The Commentary Panel Quick Help has this:
To stop the displayed commentary from being changed to the default on a reference click, toggle off the Use Default Commentary Button.
That seems to indicate that there is such a button (and function). If not, shouldn’t it be removed from the help panel?

JPG

Post by JPG »

It appears that the function of the D button has changed but the Quick help has not been updated.
I have a BA 4, and it had the function the way it is described in the Quick help.

Maybe Tim will have some comment to add.

Jerol

Post by Jerol »

I appreciate your looking into this for me. I would certainly like to have that feature restored. As I move from verse to verse and check various commentaries, it is a nuisance to have to reestablish connection by resetting the default. Anyway, thanks again.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, the help page needs updated to reflect the new usage. It was changed because some users were having trouble remembering how to keep the tab from changing on a reference click. This new method also could be improved so a user can temporarily keep a tab from changing without changing the default. I'll look into adding a key option (like Shift+click) which when held, the tab will not change.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)