Using Color Problem

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
darrel_jw

Using Color Problem

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim,
I need help! I am attempting to use <blockquote>..</blockquote> to indent a block of text. This works fine for example 1. It just has black text with some bold letters. I enclose it in the blockquotes and and it works. Example 2 is different. It has strings surrounding text similar to: <font color = red>, <font color = black>, <sup>, and <a href="stng/G602">[G602]</a>. If I just enclose it in <p>..<p> it displays fine. If I put it in blockquotes then EVERYTHING following the ending </blockquote> is messed up with weird indenting, coloring, etc. Example 3 shows this. The indenting should stop at the end of "..Lord Jesus.

So my question - how can I indent a block of text that includes strings similar to what I just mentioned? I feel I must be missing "something", but I don't know what it is. From a coding standpoint it looks to me like it is okay.

Here is a snippet for what Example 3 has:

"In these examples, you should look for the morphological code <a href="stng/N-VSM">[N-VSM]</a>.<blockquote><p>Part of Speech: <b>N</b>oun<br>Case: <b>V</b>ocative<br>Number: <b>S</b>ingular<br>Gender: <b>M</b>asculine </blockquote><p><blockquote>* Mat 6:9 <font color = red>πατερ<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/N-VSM">[N-VSM]</a></sup> <font color = red>ημων<font color = black> <sup><a ref="stng/P-1GP">[P-1GP]</a></sup> “Our Father”<br>* Mat 17:15 <font color = red>κυριε<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/N-VSM">[N-VSM]</a></sup> <font color = red>ελεησον<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/V-AAM-2S">[V-AAN-2S]</a></sup> “Lord have mercy”<br>* Rev 22:20 <font color = red>ερχου<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/V-PNM-2S">[V-PNM-2S]</a></sup> <font color = red>κυριε<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/N-VSM">[N-VSM]</a></sup> <font color = red>ιησου<font color = black> <sup><a href="stng/N-VSM">[N-VSM]</a></sup> “Come, Lord Jesus".</blockquote><p>"

Any suggestions?
Attachments
example1.png
example1.png (8.43 KiB) Viewed 13216 times
example2.png
example2.png (21.78 KiB) Viewed 13216 times
example3.png
example3.png (142.57 KiB) Viewed 13216 times

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Using Color Problem

Post by Tim »

Its best not to use <p> and <blockquote> together. Just use one or the other.

Also, there is a custom tag called <ind>...</ind> that is much the same as <blockquote> but without the extra empty line returns.

Also, be sure and close all font tags. This
<font color = red>κυριε<font color = black>
should be this
<font color = red>κυριε</font><font color = black>

When you close a font tag it will revert to the previous color which defaults to black. Thus you don't need the black tag at all.
<font color = red>κυριε</font>
The rest will be black.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Re: Using Color Problem

Post by darrel_jw »

Wow! I have been fighting these issues for days! And in one short email you provided an answer that works beautifully! I have made all the changes and done a cursory viewing and things look awesome! I now have to make a few minor changes, do a thorough comparison with the original document and I will then contact Frank Jabini for permission to release and we're "good to go"!

Thanks Tim!