Truncated Text in Verse Popups

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
doughead

Truncated Text in Verse Popups

Post by doughead »

In Bible Analyzer 5.05.05 for Mac, when mousing over a bible reference, often the popup text is truncated, where the last line of the verse is cut off in the popup window.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Truncated Text in Verse Popups

Post by Tim »

This sounds like a system font size issue. Can you post a screenshot? Also, does it make a difference if you change the popup font size in Preferences?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doughead

Post by doughead »

The problem is sporadic. It doesn't appear with all (or even most) popups, just some of them. I've included a few screenshots as attachments. Also, I discovered that if I select the popup font size to LARGE or LARGER in the PREFERENCES dialog, the problem goes away. I'm just not terribly fond of the large type.
Attachments
Num 20-10.png
Num 20-10.png (68.68 KiB) Viewed 18978 times
Eze 1-4.png
Eze 1-4.png (61.46 KiB) Viewed 18978 times
Exo 16-20.png
Exo 16-20.png (52.56 KiB) Viewed 18978 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

If you go back and forth over the same reference is it always cut off? Or sporadic there as well? Does it only happen in the reference panel?
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doughead

Post by doughead »

No, the condition is always present with any particular verse (if a particular verse appears truncated, it is always truncated). Also, my previous comment turns out to be incorrect. After changing the popup font size to LARGE or LARGER, the verse that was previously truncated now appeared normal; however, other verses were now truncated (verses that were not truncated with NORMAL font size).

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok. I'll look into it some more.
Tim Morton