Anchor does not exist?

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
srice

Anchor does not exist?

Post by srice »

I almost always have the Parallel Bible open with just four Bibles open, the AV, AVs, ItaGD, and the SpaRVG. It works great, however if I click too many references (20?? maybe) I start getting the "Anchor ... does not exist" popup. It is a little random. If I start clicking on different links, sometimes it pops up, and sometimes it doesn't. Just wanted to let you know. I'm working on Mac OSx El Capitan. You can see it here:
Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.47.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 9.47.31 AM.png (241.39 KiB) Viewed 12962 times
As a side note in that, the Bible Reference bar, hanging down like that, it happens often. It is something I usually ignore. Sometimes it actually gets in the way and I have to click it and delete what is there. These are just minor bugs.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Anchor does not exist?

Post by Tim »

Yes, I have had another user or two have these issues, but I'm not sure what the cause is. I cannot reproduce the dropdown issue on my system to try and sort it out. It may be some sort of focus issue on certain systems with a particular OS X version. When the focus is not on the entry box, the suggestion box is supposed to disappear.

The "Anchor not Found" matter is when Bible Analyzer is trying to scroll to the current, active verse in a Bible window. If it can't find the verse this warning pops up. However, the verse is found in the image you posted. I'll look more into this.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

WRM

Re: Anchor does not exist?

Post by WRM »

The way I've found to get the Bible Reference dropdown to disappear is to click on the field again and then press escape. It only happens on OS X though, not on Windows.
Hope it helps a bit.