export verse manager . window too small - can't see buttons

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
kenfhill84083

export verse manager . window too small - can't see buttons

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I'm new to Bible Analyzer and the forum so (1) I may be misusing the program and (2) I may be reporting this in the wrong place. In either case, I hope to get some counseling.

When I open the export verse manager, the window is too small. Text is truncated to the right and bottom. There are no scroll bars and the mouse wheel does not scroll the window, nor do pgUp or pgDown. Nor can I resize the dialog. (see screenshot)

I can press Tab to get to the "OK" button or whatever it is labeled - I can't see it. Then, pressing Enter completes the operation.

Is there any way I can see all the information in this dialog window? I feel like I'm looking thru a peep hole. There are a couple of other windows that have the same problem (e.g., Edit Concept Filter Topic - has a scroll bar in the right pane but not the left).

I'm using Windows 10.
Attachments
edit concept filter topic.png
edit concept filter topic.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 26795 times
export verse manager.png
export verse manager.png (10.48 KiB) Viewed 26795 times

JRuno777

Re: export verse manager . window too small - can't see buttons

Post by JRuno777 »

I'm using Windows 7 and had the same problem. Tim told me to go to control panel, display, and reduce the screen resolution. I was able to see and click the buttons after that. Tim said he plans to make the EVM resizable to fix this problem. Jim Reeves

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Thanks.

I checked my display settings. I generally have my screen resolution set to the recommended size (i.e., maximum). I dropped resolution on both laptop screen and 2nd monitor - that did not fix problem. Text size was set to 100%, which is another piece of advice I got.

Until this is resolved, it would be handy to see a screenshot of what the Advanced Concept Filter > export looks like so I can Tab to the various buttons and text entry fields (if any). I think I could make it work without seeing text on screen if I knew where things were (hopefully the Tab order is a logical progression).

I would like to see all windows and dialogs resizable.

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

This may not be related to my original post but I can't find any info otherwise.

I did an ooooops and created a duplicate filter in the ACF. I want to delete the duplicate but I can't figure out how.

I'm guessing it is somewhere in the area I can't see or scroll thru -- of the "edit concept filter topic". (see 1st image of original post)

How do I delete a ACF topic I don't want anymore?

Thanks.

JRuno777

Post by JRuno777 »

Ken, Tim's Youtube video can show you what the box looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlOZa8Olmc

I am able to edit and delete terms, but I was unable to delete topics.

Jim

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

To view the entire dialogs, buttons, etc., the Windows text size must be at the recommended 100%. You can adjust the settings under Display in Settings. Here is an image with the default settings in Windows 10,
export anager.png
export anager.png (79.04 KiB) Viewed 26779 times
As for deleting Filter Topics, that cannot be done from within Bible Analyzer yet. I was going to add the feature but got sidetracked on to something else. They can be removed from the filters.dat file with an SQLite database editor if you are familiar with doing that.

I'll see about adding that in the next release.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:To view the entire dialogs, buttons, etc., the Windows text size must be at the recommended 100%. You can adjust the settings under Display in Settings. Here is an image with the default settings in Windows 10,
I have checked my windows text size -- it is already at 100%. Can anything be done within Bible Analyzer to account for a windows text size > 100%? I know a couple of people who might be interested in BA but they have windows set to higher text size. I don't think they would want to change a windows setting just to accommodate one program.
Tim wrote:As for deleting Filter Topics, that cannot be done from within Bible Analyzer yet. I was going to add the feature but got sidetracked on to something else. They can be removed from the filters.dat file with an SQLite database editor if you are familiar with doing that.

I'll see about adding that in the next release.
I'll look forward to it because I don't want to dive into SQLite right now. Is that the next beta release or stable release? Are they announced in the Announcements section?

It might also pay to include some error checking to prevent entering duplicate topics -- unless there is some searching strategy I'm missing (which is certainly possible).

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The Operating System has full control of the display of windows, buttons, text, etc. That is why Title Bars, Buttons, etc,. look different between Windows versions when running the same program. Thus the program cannot change them. About all we can do with BA is make the dialogs resizable so the user can adjust them and possibly make the buttons expand with the text.

Also, Windows has different options with different displays. Try changing the text size settings to see if any work better. Changing the actual screen resolution will not help. It is best to leave it at "Recommended."
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Tim wrote:export anager.png
Thanks. I may be able to make it work until I can resize the window.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

See this post for some more info on truncated text and missing buttons,
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=934
Tim Morton