Slow scrolling

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
rokas

Slow scrolling

Post by rokas »

Hi Tim,

when I am scrolling with mouse wheel through longer documents, like results from AV search on "love" - 311 hits, or Matthew Henry commentary on Matthew chapter 5, with an option "show comments for whole chapter" checked, it scrolls quite slow - after let's say having mouse wheel rotated once in a circle, search results still continue scrolling for a few seconds (if that makes sense). So what I have to do is to use scroll bar instead.

I've got the latest version of BA - 5.0.2.35, and my laptop is i3 @ 2.1 GHz, 8 GB ram. Is that to be expected, or could be somewhat improved? :)

Thank you!

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Slow scrolling

Post by Tim »

With long HTML pages scrolling can lag or even be jerky on some systems. There is a lot of page rendering going on behind the scenes when a page is scrolled and sometimes the processor can't keep up. Also, the rendering is a little different between mouse wheel and scroll bar scrolling. The page renderer tries to make the scroll wheel scrolling smoother.

The only alternative is to try and keep the pages shorter. I know with large search results hits up to 500 hits can be shown on one page. One option there is to use the verse Snippet View (S button) to keep from having to load the whole verses.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Re: Slow scrolling

Post by rokas »

Thank you for explanation.

It's especially tricky when scrolling through search results of AV+Strongs. But displaying it as snippets solves the problem - thank you!