MultiWindow "view verse in context" error

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
rokas

MultiWindow "view verse in context" error

Post by rokas »

Hi,

I've got the following problem:

let's say I'm reading Ephesians in Lexham English Bible. I have TSKe open to Ephesians 4:1 in commentary panel. There under "beseech" I second-click on Jer 38:30 and choose "View Jer 38:20 Context in MW". MultiWindow opens to Jer 38:20, translation used being Lexham English Bible. I read it and close it. Then in Bible window I switch to New English Translation.

Then, in commentary panel, still being open to TSKe on Ephesians 4:1, I choose the next entry under "beseech", Rom 12:1, second-click it and choose again "View Rom 12:1 Context in MW". This time, if I understand it correctly, MultiWindow should open to Rom 12:1, and use New English Translation. Instead, it opens again to Jer 38:20, and still with Lexham English Bible. Please see the attachment - the MultiWindow there is being shown after I clicked on Rom 12:1 under "beseech". The Bible used in Bible panel is NET.

What I noticed, is that this feature works only the first time after I start the program. Then all the following "View .... Context in MW" open to that same verse.

I use Windows 10 and Bible Analyzer 5.0.2.35.

Thank you!
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (76.84 KiB) Viewed 17373 times

Tim
Site Admin

Re: MultiWindow "view verse in context" error

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

It looks like there is an issue with the passed reference under certain circumstances. I'll look into this and fix it for the next minor update.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Post by rokas »

Thank you, Tim.

Let God bless you abundantly in your service to people through this wonderful software!

rokas

Post by rokas »

Hi Tim,

wanted to pass an update on this - when opening in Bible panel via second-click on Bible verses, options "Word List in MW", "Word Cloud in MW" and "Statistics in MW" are malfunctioning as well.

If I go to a Bible verse via quick entry, let's say using AV translation, then second-click in via Bible panel, word lists, word clouds and statistics will be created using AV. If however afterwards I change to some other translation, while staying in the Bible book, and choose one of those three functions again, AV is still being used and not the translation I changed to.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I found the culprit causing these issues. A fixed version of Bible Analyzer will be uploaded by mid October.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rokas

Post by rokas »

Thank you for letting us know!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

v5.0.5 is now online with this fix.
Tim Morton