Serious MultiWindow bug

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
doughead

Serious MultiWindow bug

Post by doughead »

In the Mac version of BA 5.0.2.35, whenever I am using the MultiWindow, if I click the Manage button at the top of the window, the proper dialog appears, but regardless of whether I do anything in that dialog or not, after closing the dialog, the Manage button remains blue, and Bible Analyzer is unusable from that point forward. I have to force-quit the application. For example, if I try to load a previous MultiWindow session, or save my current session, or even if I do nothing and simply close the dialog, the Manage button remains highlighted in blue and the application is unusable and must be force-quit.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Serious MultiWindow bug

Post by Tim »

Ok. I'll look at this as soon as I can.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Serious MultiWindow bug

Post by Tim »

This is now fixed and online.

The issue was how Mac treats a modal window. Before when the Manage window was open it retained focus until closed so it couldn't be lost behind other windows, but when closed the system did not give focus back to the main window or Multi-Window, so the user was stuck. I had to make the Manage window a normal window to get it to work. The downside is a normal window is just another window in the stack or windows. It can be moved to the back or hidden and the user loose track of it. Hopefully, that won't be an issue.

I also fixed the Character String search issue and also closing from the Apple Quit Menu (Quit Bible Analyzer 5) will now save the preferences.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)