More 5.0.2 Bugs

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
doughead

More 5.0.2 Bugs

Post by doughead »

I've now discovered a couple of other odd behaviors in version 5.0.2 for Mac. One involves pop-up window artifacts: in the search box at the top center of the window, whenever I use it, it's always leaving fragments of the suggestions window behind after I've hit RETURN, covering up what's underneath. For example, if I type "Judges" in the box, it will pop-up several suggestions underneath the typed word; when I hit RETURN, the white box which used to contain the suggestions is still visible. To get it to go away, I have to place the cursor in the search box and hit the ESCAPE key. I've encountered the same artifact behavior intermittently with the search box in the Dictionary window.

Another behavior which I didn't have in version 4.9.2 involves Strong's numbers. In my preferences, I have Easton's selected as my Default Dictionary and Strong's selected as my Default Strong's Resource. Whenever I'm looking at a Lexicon entry (e.g. Strong's), and I have the "Use Default Dictionary on Mouse Click" button selected (which I almost always do), if I then click on a Strong's reference number (e.g. H2532) the window reverts to the Easton dictionary tab. This is extremely annoying, as I have to repeatedly go to the pop-up menu to reselect the Lexicon tab I was viewing. The "Default Dictionary" preference shouldn't apply to Strong's numbers; clicking on a Strong's number should take you to your "Default Strong's Resource" tab.

Thirdly, when right-clicking in a Commentary window, I can't seem to get the "View Text of Refs in MultiWindow" feature to work at all; it just opens a blank MultiWindow with the result: (0 verses), even though I can manually count numerous verse links within the Commentary entry. I've tried it with several different Commentaries; I've tried it with the text selected first and without. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but I can't figure it out.

Also, the "Pv" button in the Commentary window (labeled "Show Preview of Commentaries with Current Verse/Comment") doesn't appear to work properly (unless I'm not understanding its purpose); all it does is open a MultiWindow with a simple list of all installed Commentaries which have entries for the selected verse, but doesn't show any of the contents of those entries.

Lastly, I used to be able to hold down a modifier key (I think it was CONTROL) while mousing over the various installed Commentary or Dictionary tabs, and a pop-up would appear showing the first few lines from the Module Information notes; I can't seem to do this any more. I can still right-click on a Commentary or Dictionary tab and select "Show Module Information" and it will appear in a separate window, but the pop-up feature seems to be gone.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: More 5.0.2 Bugs

Post by Tim »

I have had another report or two about the artifacts, but I can't reproduce them on my system. Once I get more data on this I may be able to sort it out.

Strong's number click always take me to the Strongs entry. What position is your Dictionary "Sync" and "Default" buttons on your Dct tool bar in? (the 4th and 7th buttons). You can also try a reset to default settings.

I found the issue with "View Text of Refs in MultiWindow." It will be fixed in the next release. It will be announced in the newsletter, likely this week.

The "Pv" button just does what you have seen so far. It is a place where all the titles with a selected topic or verse can be kept and a preview viewed with a mouseover. I'm thinking about making a page with say the first 100 words of each title in a future version.

With Control down over a tab it showed a preview of the entry, not the info, in v4.9. I had some trouble with that in v5 and disabled it. I don't think many users knew about it.

Again, there will be an update of the Mac edition soon.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doughead

Post by doughead »

Thanks for the response. In my dictionary window, the 4th and 7th buttons are selected (highlighted). When I click on a Strong's number in the AVs Bible window, it takes me to the Strong's dictionary tab like it's supposed to. What I'm referring to is when a particular Strong's entry has other related Strong's numbers shown; if I click on one of those related Strong's numbers, it takes me to whatever I have selected as my default Dictionary (in my case, Easton's).

The artifact issue is pretty much constant on my Mac; any time I use the search box in the top center of the window, it leaves a white box where the popup menu used to be.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I see now about Strongs. Will fix that for next update.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)