Version 5.02 Bugs

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
doughead

Version 5.02 Bugs

Post by doughead »

I've noticed several bugs in the current 5.0.2 release version.

First, there are two different menu items using the Cmd-H keyboard shortcut ("Hide…" in the Bible Analyzer Menu; and "Highlight Selected Text" in the Control Menu), and thus the shortcut doesn't work properly. I routinely use the Cmd-H shortcut to temporarily hide BA to access the desktop behind it, so this is inconvenient.

Second, when doing word searches, the search results tabs cannot be closed with the small "x" in the upper right corner. In fact, I couldn't find any way to close the results tabs without quitting and reopening BA.

Third, when I select "7" for the Maximum Popup Verse Range in the Preferences dialog (Options II), it functions properly for normal mouse-overs; but when I hold down the Command key while mousing over a reference (formerly the Control key) to see additional context for the verse(s), I only get 5 verses in the popup (version 4.9.2 would show however many verses I had selected in the Preferences dialog, up to 7). I can't find any way to adjust this. Also, why the change in the modifier key from Control to Command? I was quite used to the old way. Also, in version 4.9.2, whenever I used this feature, after holding down the Control key and mousing over a link to bring up the popup verses, I could release the Control key and the popup would remain visible, thus allowing me to type on the keyboard with the popup still visible. This no longer works; as soon as I release the Command key, the popup goes away.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Version 5.02 Bugs

Post by Tim »

I may have to change the Highlight in the Mac edition to another key modifier such as Alt+H. Cmd+H is a system wide function.

Will look at the closing tabs issue.

Will check the popup issue as well.

The release of the control key behavior is part of the new underlying framework for v5. I doubt we can get the v4 behavior with it.

Also, the framework maps all Ctrl key combinations to Cmd on Mac. This seems to be an Apple preference. They want to use the Cmd key as a modifier.

Thanks.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

doughead

Post by doughead »

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I can certainly live with the Command key thing, but the others are kind of big.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have the closing tab issue fixed,
the Highlight key is now Alt+H
set the Ctrl+hover over a ref to 7 verses to match the max in Prefs.

These will be in a soon coming update.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The Mac update (v5.0.2.35) is now uploaded, http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer502.dmg
Tim Morton