eSword Commentary Convert Error

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
rcbenjamin

eSword Commentary Convert Error

Post by rcbenjamin »

I get an error when I try to convert Matthew Henry commentary from eSword. The name of the file is henry.cmtx and it has a lock symbol located to the left of it. In fact, most of the commentaries in eSword has the same lock symbol by them. How do I convert it over to Bible Analyzer?

Tim
Site Admin

Re: eSword Commentary Convert Error

Post by Tim »

You can't. All the ''official" esword modules are encrypted even if they are public domain. The only modules that can be converted are the user made titles, and not all of them convert well because there is little consistency among them.

In contrast, none of the Bible Analyzer public domain titles are encrypted, even if they are Premium Modules.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rcbenjamin

Post by rcbenjamin »

Thanks for your reply. What is the easiest way to convert the Premium commentaries in Bible Analyzer to a text file since they are not encrypted?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

They are in SQLite database format so you will need an SQLite reader to view and extract anything from them. There are several free online, even as a Firefox plugin. I'm not very familiar with any of them, though, so you will have to learn a little on how to use one of them. I deal with the data in Bible Analyzer using SQL commands in Python which can be kind of cryptic.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)