First attempt at opening - "reset tool" problem

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
Pastor Fox

First attempt at opening - "reset tool" problem

Post by Pastor Fox »

I just downloaded and installed this application. Upon trying to open it for the first time (and each time after that), a "Bible Analyzer Reset Tool" box appears. It says, "Task completed" and only gives me the option to "Quit". When I press this button, the program is closed. I never actually "get into" the program.
I read a similar post that recommended using sudo bibleanalyzer; when I do this, it asks for a password. What is my password?

Thanks in advance for the help. I look forward to giving the program a try.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: First attempt at opening - "reset tool" problem

Post by Tim »

Sounds like you are on Linux?

If you are, try starting Bible Analyzer from the terminal with the command
sudo bibleanalyzer

It will ask for your password and that is your computer password. The one you must enter when you install programs in Linux. It is the one you made in Linux.

If you are on Windows, a BA icon should be on your desktop. Double-click it to run.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Pastor Fox

Post by Pastor Fox »

Sorry, I didn't tell you what I was operating. I'm on an iMac - OS X 10.9.5. I figured since (to my very limited understanding) OS and Linux are similar, I tried your instructions in Terminal anyway. The first time it asked for a password, but when I tried to enter it, nothing happened (the gray square didn't move - like I wasn't typing at all). I hit enter, thinking maybe it had received my password even though it didn't look like anything was typed. Then (and now on every repeat attempt to enter sudo bibleanalyzer) it's telling me "sudo: bibleanalyzer: command not found". Sorry for the hassle; and thank you for your continued help.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

OS X is similar to Linux, but still a lot of differences. The Terminal command will not work on OS X.

Some installations of the latest OS X handle file permissions differntly. Here is an edition of Bible Analyzer that installs all files in the User folder,

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer492u.pkg

Install it and see if BA will start.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Pastor Fox

Post by Pastor Fox »

The new version installed and opened fine. Thank you for your help! I look forward to working with it in the near future. Keep up the good work!