Dual screen - 1 screen = problem

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
srice

Dual screen - 1 screen = problem

Post by srice »

I'm working on a Mac that is updated with the latest updates. I have a dual monitor setup. Yesterday, I pulled the plug to my second monitor, and hit the road. Upon arrival at my destination to preach the next few days, I opened my computer, and opened up Bible Analyzer, and it didn't show up! After a few moments of tinkering around, I realized that when it opens, it remembers the last screen position it had (on the second monitor). I can see it swipe off the screen to the secondary monitor that is not there, or plugged in. BA was not on when I disconnected the secondary monitor. So, apparently in the settings somewhere, it remembered it's location.

I was able to open the configuration file with a standard text editor (/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer/config4.ini) , and found the line:

Code: Select all

position (1280, 22)
and changed it to

Code: Select all

position (50, 50)
That fixed it. :)

EDIT: I originally posted (0, 0) as the fix, but edited it to (50, 50) to move it down from the corner, and keep the menu bar from covering the top bar of the window making it 'un-moveable'
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Dual screen - 1 screen = problem

Post by Tim »

You got it. Yes, the config4.ini file can be edited. It can also be deleted and BA will make a new default one.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)