Double files & How to update

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
HansK

Double files & How to update

Post by HansK »

Hello Tim,

One of the problems is that the program has not an function to update books within the program.
I switched from the PC version (working on Crossover) to the Mac version. I copied many books I already had.

Tim, please tell me/us what is the way you consider best to update the books. Are you considering updating within the program? Otherwise, please make a page for registered users where they can look this up.

When checking the content of my directories, I encountered (many) files like easton.dct AND d-easton.dct. I guess they are double? Which file(s) should I delete?

I have a lot of experience in Bible software, this program is definitely one of the best.

Hans

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Double files & How to update

Post by Tim »

We may offer a way to update within the program in the future, but for now a user must use the setup files or copy the files.

Normally, if a module is updated, running the new setup is all that is needed. It will overwrite the old module. In a few cases, as you mentioned, there is a "d-," "s-," or "t-" prefix to the module name. The purpose of those was to keep modules of a group together. In the case of a "d-easton" and "easton," one of those can be deleted, preferably the oldest.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

johncalvinhall

Post by johncalvinhall »

I agree, this is one of the better Bible programs, but I am getting frustrated on how to update the program.

I went and checked for updates, and it found one. I then went and downloaded the update, and received the text message to close the program and update the file manually. Doing so, I now cannot find the update file that was downloaded! It isn't in my default download folder. It isn't in the Bible Analyzer folder.

What do we do??? Where is the file? What is it's name?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The file is BAUpdate465.exe and may be on your desktop.

You can also update by just downloading and running the current setup file on our download page. It will not change any of your settings
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)