Page 1 of 1

Books Missing

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:51 am
by revmick56
Hi all, this is my first post here so hello to everyone.
I have the Mac version and up to now all has been well. I was emailed the latest update which I duly downloaded and ran. Oddly I noticed that two books - Ruth and the Song of Solomon were missing in their entirety. Now - some background - having been an avid user of electronic and digital Bibles for many years I imported - through various publicly available free softwares - various Bibles normally unavailable to BA users - the ESV and several others. These Bibles work perfectly in all respects, and even though the above books are not 'available' from the book 'tree' - they say the usual "Oops! This Chapter Is Not Found. Wrong Testament?" - material from the books appears in "searches" in the right hand panel.
I reverted to previous versions of BA and realised the same thing was happening there too, I just hadn't noticed.
Any suggestions? I checked the bib files in a sql database app and nothing appears unusual in the data or indexing.
Thanks in anticipation,
Rev. Mick

Re: Books Missing

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 am
by Tim
Welcome to the forum.

The Ruth verses should be "Rth 1:1," etc. The three letter abbreviation must be "Rth" in the Sqlite file.
Song of Solomon must be "Son."

Check and see if these are correct.

Re: Books Missing

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:19 am
by revmick56
Wow - that was quick - and I guess you're spot on - I checked the files (just Ruth for a quick check) and it was "Rut"! I guess not all the utilities work 100% together - but for only two books out of 66 it worked pretty well. It'll take a bit of exporting/editing/importing and re-checking to confirm - but I'll report back in a few days to let you know - hey, a big THANKS!
Rev Mick