"Reset" always needed

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
rachristenson1

"Reset" always needed

Post by rachristenson1 »

For about the last month or so . . .
My "Bible Analyzer 4.6.1.10" always has to be RESET each time I try to start it (after I turn off my computer and come back and turn it on and try to use my Bible Analyzer 4 again). All I get is the Splash screen, then nothing. This did not used to be the case. I won't customize it (again) until this problem is resolved; I won't even use my BA until then!

Randy

Tim
Site Admin

Re: "Reset" always needed

Post by Tim »

Did you add or convert any new modules about the time this issue started?

This sounds like a corrupted module.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

rachristenson1

Post by rachristenson1 »

Tim,

No new modules were added or converted at about this time.

I've totally uninstalled BA several times, including the modules. I have re-installed "BibleAnalyzer461-setup" each time without adding any modules (or changing any thing after installation). As I go thru the installation process I get error messages (see image attachments). There are actually 4 error messages, but I can only attach images for 3. I'll do a separate "Reply" with the 4th attached.

As you can see, on each error message I'm given a choice of "Abort", "Retry" or "Ignore". I click on "Retry" and all it wants to do is "Abort". So, I click on "Ignore" and the subsequent error messages provide the same 3 choices, until I get to the last one, "Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-04".

Thanks,
Randy
Attachments
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-01.jpg
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-01.jpg (92.53 KiB) Viewed 13310 times
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-02.jpg
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-02.jpg (94.18 KiB) Viewed 13310 times
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-03.jpg
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-03.jpg (95.01 KiB) Viewed 13310 times

rachristenson1

Post by rachristenson1 »

"Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-04" is attached.
Attachments
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-04.jpg
Bible Anayzer 4 Error Message-04.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 13310 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

This indicates that the files are in use and cannot be overwritten or the config files written. This can happen if the BA program is running and trying to run the setup. But since you have uninstalled BA it must be residing in memory.

What OS are you using XP, Vista, or 7?

Try restarting your computer and then see if the BA setup will install. Let me know what happens.

Sorry for the issue. Something must have changed on your system when this issue began. Sometimes it is not easy to find out what it was.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)