Book comments

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
JPG

Book comments

Post by JPG »

Tim, Hi, I just noticed another anomaly.
Have book of Amos and Scofield.
Select verse 2 in Bible view. [notes on that verse appear in Scofield]
Now if you want to check the Amos Book notes by clicking Amos in the Bible tree, nothing happens.
If you click Joe and then Amo, the notes will appear.
Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Book comments

Post by Tim »

Hum, I can't reproduce this one. It goes to Amos book notes for me. Might be a certain sequence to cause the issue.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:Hum, I can't reproduce this one. It goes to Amos book notes for me. Might be a certain sequence to cause the issue.
Keep trying. It's there.

In Bible view Amos 1:1 click verse 1,2,3,4,[In Bible view] now in the Bible Tree click on Amos.
I hope you get nothing?
Are you using 3.6.3?
Also I am on Windows Vista.
Jon

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It still works OK on XP Release 2. I get the comments for the book. Might be a Vista issue.

I am using a modified 3.6.3. The changes made should not affect this.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim, I will fire up my Virtual Machine and have a go with XP.
Let you know what happens,
Thanks

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:It still works OK on XP Release 2. I get the comments for the book. Might be a Vista issue.

I am using a modified 3.6.3. The changes made should not affect this.
Tim, this is as you suspected an incompatibility with Vista in this area. Also with regaining mouse scroll of the Bible view by clicking on a verse in the window, XP is [edit]fine, but Vista is another story, the verse goes grey but the focus is not there to scroll. I found I had to click a blank space at the end of the verse to get the scroll function.
Well, at least this has narrowed the problem down. I don't know if you can do anything about it.
Jon
[edit] I found I was in error with this statement, XP actually does have the problem, I just happened to click in the right place. Sorry for the confusion.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

OK. I'll look into it.

Thanks.
Tim Morton