Scourby Not Indexing Window freezing

The place to post any Bugs or Problems you may have with the Current Release Version
fblittle

Scourby Not Indexing Window freezing

Post by fblittle »

I just bought the Scourby CD from the linked site from Amazon. I copied the mp3 files to the path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\Audio-KJV
This folder has both the FCBH Audiofiles in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\Audio-KJV\FCBH
and Scourby mp3 files in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bible Analyzer 5\Audio-KJV\Scourby

When I try to match the Scourby files I get an error immediatly.
This locks up the program and I have to restart Bible Analyzer.
The Faith Cometh By Hearing mp3 files are installed and work.

I have sent in the error report

After installing the FCBH files I moved the audio files to another drive for data.
L:\Audio\Bible Analyzer Audio\FCBH
and re indexed them there and they worked. When the Scourby CD arrived a couple days later I added the Scourby folder to this location.
L:\Audio\Bible Analyzer Audio\Scourby
Inside I added only two folders OT and NT with the mp3 files in them respectively.
They wouldn't index so I moved them back to the original path in Program Files (x86)
I then still got the same error message.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Attachments
Scourby not indexing.JPG
Scourby not indexing.JPG (102.31 KiB) Viewed 18667 times

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Scourby Not Indexing Window freezing

Post by Tim »

This seems to be a bug with the order in which some audio sets are indexed. I modified the path parsing code some which may take care of it. I will upload an updated Bible Analyzer exe in a day or two to try out.

Thanks.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

fblittle

Post by fblittle »

Thanks Tim. I'll be OK till then. Glad you were able to catch that.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I just uploaded a new Bible Analyzer update that hopefully will fix this issue,
www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer531-setup.exe

Let me know what happens.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

fblittle

Post by fblittle »

I installed the new Bible Analyzer from the link you provided.
I restarted Bible Analyzer and tried to link the Audio files but was unsuccessful. I did not get the error message this time, but I could not get the files to match the timings.
I have 3 audio sets:
1. Scourby
2. FCBH, which is the one that works
3. Heath

When linking Scourby it says that there are "no audio files in the selected folder".

When selecting Heath it says that it is linked, but it does not match timings. It uses the text to speech engine.
See attached Image.

Perhaps I don't have the audio files set up correctly. The Scourby and Heath files will play in the file explorer preview pane so there are good files there.

I have used the path L:/Audio/Bible Analyzer Audio/Scourby
In the Scourby folder are the folders of the Books of the Bible. 01_GEN, 02 EXO, ... etc... Inside the books of the Bible folders is each chapter mp3 file.

For the Heath audio, I have used the path L:/Audio/Bible Analyzer Audio/Heath/Disk 1 ... Disk 2 ... Disk 5
In the Heath folder Disk 1 are the mp3 files with file names like this "002 _01 KJV Genesis _ Chapter One.mp3", and "003 _01 KJV Genesis _ Chapter Two.mp3" etc...

Any Ideas on why my files aren't working?
Attachments
Heath Audio Error.JPG
Heath Audio Error.JPG (92.51 KiB) Viewed 18623 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Could you send me a screenshot or two of the folder structure and file names of both Scourby and Heath? For instance, here is my Heath file structure.
heath.png
heath.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 18619 times
Tim Morton

fblittle

Post by fblittle »

Here is a screenshot of my folder structure for both Heath and Scourby. Hope this helps. I am running Windows 10 latest update. I am using drive L:\ because I want to keep these files off my C:\ drive because it is a 500GB SSD.
Attachments
Scourby Floder Structure.JPG
Scourby Floder Structure.JPG (105.1 KiB) Viewed 18615 times
Bible Analyzer Audio Folder Structure.JPG
Bible Analyzer Audio Folder Structure.JPG (129.36 KiB) Viewed 18615 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I can't see the whole file names in the images but you mentioned Heath is formatted like this,
"002 _01 KJV Genesis _ Chapter One.mp3"

That is the first time I have seen a word (One) for the chapter instead of a numeral (1). Are they all this way? Is like chapter 150 written "one-hundred-fifty"? Plus the 002 at the beginning confuses the parser since it doesn't match the chapter. The Heath files I have are numerals. The parsing code in Bible Analyzer doesn't account for this.

One option is to rename the files using some sort of batch renamer until I can update the parsing code.

As for Scourby, can you give me an example of some file names?
Tim Morton

fblittle

Post by fblittle »

Tim. I should have known that you would have wanted to see the whole file names.

I loaded a couple of Screenshots to show the file names and Titles.
Tim wrote:I can't see the whole file names in the images but you mentioned Heath is formatted like this,
"002 _01 KJV Genesis _ Chapter One.mp3"
See Screenshot below.

That is the first time I have seen a word (One) for the chapter instead of a numeral (1). Are they all this way? Is like chapter 150 written "one-hundred-fifty"? Plus the 002 at the beginning confuses the parser since it doesn't match the chapter. The Heath files I have are numerals. The parsing code in Bible Analyzer doesn't account for this.
This is the Heath Disks I ordered:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/163 ... UTF8&psc=1

One option is to rename the files using some sort of batch renamer until I can update the parsing code.
I can rename the files with MP3tag a free program.
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

As for Scourby, can you give me an example of some file names?
The screenshot below for Scourby.
This is the Scourby Disks that I ordered.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/159 ... UTF8&psc=1
What should a file name for Scourby look like? 01 GEN 001_SKJV64.mp3, 01 GEN 002_SKJV64.mp3 etc...
I hope this valuable for others as well as for me. Others may end up buying the disks that are the same as mine. Both sets are new from Amazon.com. I think I ordered the Scourby from the link that you provided on this website. The Heath one had the wrong link to it so I guessed based on Heath as the reader. It was the only one so I assumed that it was the one you had recommended.
Thanks for your time. This will be great when I get it to work.
Attachments
Chapter 150 = One Hundred Fifty. All are like this on the Heath Disks.
Chapter 150 = One Hundred Fifty. All are like this on the Heath Disks.
OneHundredFifty.JPG (83.87 KiB) Viewed 18592 times
file names and Structure for the Heath Disks.
file names and Structure for the Heath Disks.
Heath File Structure.JPG (172.2 KiB) Viewed 18592 times
file names and structure for Scourby.
file names and structure for Scourby.
Scourby File Structure.JPG (132.02 KiB) Viewed 18592 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I uploaded a new Bible Analyzer exe file here that should fix the Scourby issue,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe

Download and copy this file to your Bible Analyzer program folder, usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Bible Analyzer 5. The run Bible Analyzer and under Preferences/Audio Settings click the Link Audio FIles button while holding down the Shift key. This will reset your audio paths. Then click the button again (without Shift key) and try and link the Scourby folder.

Let me know if the will now work.

As for the Heath files, I have not coded a way to deal with them yet.
Tim Morton