5.2 Beta (Mac)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

5.2 Beta (Mac)

Post by Tim »

We now have a Mac edition of Bible Analyzer 5.2 ready to test.

The beta is in this dmg image and can be run directly from the mounted image,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/Bibl ... 52beta.dmg

Most everything seems to work in the Mac edition except one issue, the page display control Bible Analyzer uses will not display right-to-left texts (Hebrew, Arabic) in RTL flow. They will display as the standard LTR flow. This issue is beyond our control and until the page control developer fixes it, there is nothing we can do.

For a list of the 5.2 and 5.1 changes, see the Windows beta pages. The current Mac edition is 5.0 so this beta includes the update in 5.1 as well.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

WRM

Re: 5.2 Beta (Mac)

Post by WRM »

Thanks.

I've downloaded it and then copied it over my current installation into Applications on my iMac and it gave this error in the console without starting.

Detected missing constraints for <private>. It cannot be placed because there are not enough constraints to fully define the size and origin. Add the missing constraints, or set translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints=YES and constraints will be generated for you. If this view is laid out manually on macOS 10.12 and later, you may choose to not call [super layout] from your override. Set a breakpoint on DETECTED_MISSING_CONSTRAINTS to debug. This error will only be logged once.
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.32.39.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.32.39.png (54.01 KiB) Viewed 55438 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.33.11.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.33.11.png (24.98 KiB) Viewed 55438 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have no idea what this error means. I'll have to look it up. Are you on MacOs 10.12?

I still use 10.11.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

WRM

Post by WRM »

Thanks Tim,

Yes I'm on 10.12.

I'm using dual screens as well and was wondering if it is not perhaps something to do with when the default BibleAnalyzer program is open on the secondary screen. Because it mentions this: translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints=YES

tlchilders

Post by tlchilders »

I am having the same problem when opening the app -- Bible Analyzer Error with choice to Open Console or Terminate. I am using 10.12.5.

rubeng

Post by rubeng »

tlchilders wrote:I am having the same problem when opening the app -- Bible Analyzer Error with choice to Open Console or Terminate. I am using 10.12.5.
Me too. I'm running 10.12.3. It doesn't make any difference whether I try to open it from the dmg or from the HD.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks all for the input. It seems 10.12 makes major page layout changes that I'll have to sort out.

I run 10.11 and hesitate to update to 10.12 because it destroys my development environment and I have to reinstall, but I may have to.

It is peculiar that Apple does not value backwards support for apps that work just one version back. They and Microsoft have two very different philosophies. Windows 10 will still run many programs developed in the 1990s.

Give me a few days and I'll see what I can find.
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

One matter I would like to verify from those of you who are running Sierra (10.12), did Bible Analyzer 5.0.5 run ok on your systems?
Tim Morton

WRM

Post by WRM »

The program itself ran OK, although some of the text links in the later modules did not work and the stuff around the CWD and Hebrew/Greek Morphology etc did not work.

It looks to me that you had to do specific tags in the book files for Mac to have a scripture reference picked up, but in the later Windows one it picked scripture references up automatically.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Well...I decided to upgrade to 10.12 and it was not the huge issue previous updates have been. So before I did anything else after Sierra came up, I tried to run Bible Analyzer from the DMG...and it ran without issue. This is 10.12.05, the latest update.
BA on 10.12.jpg
BA on 10.12.jpg (167.18 KiB) Viewed 55359 times
If one of you who gets the error can do this,

open Console and clear the contents
try to start BA
send me the output

maybe something will show up.
Tim Morton