5.2 Beta (Mac)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta (Mac)

Post by Tim »

When you run the beta over an existing 5.0 installation it will change/add data to the config.ini file and rename the user notes file. If you then run the 5.0 version again, it will rewrite the config.ini file because it can't understand the new data in the modified one.

v5.2 renames the v5.0 notes file from notes.usr to default.nts. It also makes a backup of the notes. For v5.0 to see them again you will have to rename it back. v5.2 allows multiple user notes files is the reason for the change.

Other than a default config.ini made when v5.0 is run again and the note file renaming, there is little else changed in the file system.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

RobyB

Post by RobyB »

Thanks Tim. It seems to be mostly working fine so far for me.
Some observations;
The curser changes to a wristwatch icon (i.e. hourglass) sometimes and doesn't return to a pointer/curser.
When i click on the current topic tabs they tend to jump away to the right. Not sure if that's on purpose, i''d usually expect the tab remains in the same place after clicked.

As a request, is it possible to make the Notes highlight tab as functional as the Bible highlight, with options to remove highlight, use different colours, etc?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you reproduce what makes the cursor change?

Maybe we can add the highlight color options in the future.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

RobyB

Post by RobyB »

It's gone back to not opening directly from the dmg file. It crashes before it opens.

What i've found though, is by right clicking on the BA icon, then selecting "Show Package Contents", then in the MacOS folder click the Unix executable file "Bible Analyzer", and choose "open" it starts - along with a 'terminal-like' window.

RobyB

Post by RobyB »

I can't remember what made the curser change the first time but it changed this time when i clicked the Image Viewer tab. No image opens. The curser acts like it's trying to open the file but no image opens. The curser is a now wristwatch even after closing the Image Viewer window.

When i select the Book/Article tab it goes back to pointer. But when i chose John Burgon's Causes of Corruption" BA crashes after clicking a few different chapters. I tried a number of other books which seem okay, but BA didn't like Burgon's "Corruption"...irony?

Remember, this is with BA opened from the Unix executable file start.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Can you send or post the output of Terminal when it will only start from within Contents?
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Has anyone been able to check out the Mac beta? If so, does it behave as expected?
Tim Morton

RobyB

Post by RobyB »

My observations so far Tim:
1. The app doesn't open from the dmg. It starts the opening splash page and immediately closes
2. Personally, i've only been able to open it from the MacOS unix executable file in the Content folder
3. In the Book Library, the John Burgon chapters crashes the app, although that may be an isolated problem with the file as i don't have any problems with any other books i tried.
4. I do have a problem with the cursor changing to a watch (attempting to load a file) in the Image Viewer. The cursor would stay that way until i did something different - like open a Book file. No image ever opens.

Otherwise, i'm enjoying the updates with the extra features.
It is more helpful with the changes to the commentary tabs.
I'm already finding the extra User note tabs very useful.

I'm still only learning all the features you have in the app Tim. The learning curve is not shallow. A credit to you, thank you.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks RobyB.

It is odd that it won't start from app itself for you.

Can you copy the app to your desktop, open Console and clear the contents and then try to start from the app and then send me the output from Console?

Is anyone else still having trouble getting Bible Analyzer to start?
Tim Morton

WRM

Post by WRM »

Mine seems to open fine now. The way it interprets the modules are different from the Windows one though as a self made module picks up the scripture references from the text in Windows but in Mac you have to make tags for it.