5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Post by Tim »

Yes, the dropdown list should be the topics of the currently selected tab...but I can't seem to duplicate the out of sync behavior.

Do I understand correctly?
From a fresh start of BA and going to the Dictionaries, does the dropdown work correctly?
Do the topics in the list match the title?

Then when you change tabs does the dropdown list not update to the corresponding title? (This is easiest to check with two dissimilar titles, Strong's vs nono-Strong's)
But if you click a word in a Bible the correct topic will display?
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim, I am not sure of the exact sequence of when things go wrong, but at some point when I am switching tabs and using the dropdown it happens. Try using the Concise dictionary by Morrish, and the Web-1913. You need to watch carefully the word you click in the list. I just clicked on Adultery in the list using the Consice, and Commanded was being looked up, and so I got the... Commanded is not found... It might be that I am selecting the module from the menu tab at the end of the icons and the sequence of tabs is being mixed up.

Here is another anomaly.
0002 Jon theWord_2017-04-29_154604.png
0002 Jon theWord_2017-04-29_154604.png (35.77 KiB) Viewed 46176 times

JPG

Post by JPG »

Another issue.
I thought it might be a problem with using the mouse wheel to scroll the list, so I tried to use the vertical scroll bar, at which point the program appears to freeze.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks.

I just found an issue after I ran the Session Manager to make a new session and the sync got out of whack. I have to be away for a few hours, but I'll work on this this evening if I can. Hopefully, the whole issue is there somewhere.

(Trying to manage Bible Analyzer on three platforms is driving me "nuts.")
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

WRM

Post by WRM »

Tim wrote: (Trying to manage Bible Analyzer on three platforms is driving me "nuts.")
Tim,

Not sure how much more or less work this would be, but what if you can just make sure that the Windows version works flawlessly in Wine/CrossOver and then not really doing Linux/Mac versions on their own?

Since I have all three types of machines (Mac/Windows/Linux in that order) I use everyday I would of course appreciate all 3 platforms being supported, but I'm sure it is a lot of work for you.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hi WRM,
Some of us are now 100% Linux and really do not want to run BA in windows emulation mode. The native Linux version is superb and Tim is doing a good job on it.

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I know it has been a while, but I have a new beta to post, v5.2.0.30. It is the same link as before.

This one
Fixes the dropdown scrolling issue where it would freeze when you tried to scroll with the scrollbar in Dct and Cmt dropdown
Fixes the crash when search results have more than 300 hits and the link for the next 300 id clicked.
Fix a maximize state issue
The Strongs number issue where the setting was not saved

The current verse issue where the highlighted verse does not scroll into position on first start is still there. I'm not sure where the issue is. I did notice that if one selects another tab and then selects the original tab the verse will scroll. So the code is there, it is just some type of glitch.

I'm not sure if the out of sync caption mentioned above is fixed or not. I tinkered with it some.

Try it out.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Superb!
1. Drop-down scrolling works beautifully!
2. The crash on 300 hits does not crash now! It scrolls to the next set of hits.
3. The Strong's setting is now saved.
4. Not sure what the maximized state nor sync issue were since I don't think I encountered those.
5. And as you stated the current verse issue still persists. When I start BA if I immediately switch to another Bible tab then back to the original the current displays and stays synced.

All-in-all, Tim this is a very good update! Thank you!

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim, I sent you a high-priority email regarding a crash issue.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I just sent an email to Tim also. I clicked on the audio/quiz player icon and it locked up Linux. Didn't get much farther.