5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
yerill

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Post by yerill »

Hi Tim,

In release 5.0.5.12, in parallel mode, the "Hide/Show Interlinear Text" button would toggle text, for example in the ABPi module. In 5.2.0.21 it stays untoggled.

(Works fine when not in parallel mode).

Peter

yerill

Post by yerill »

Hi Tim,

In parallel view, for me, clicking on the verse number, (or shift clicking on the verse) does not work. (F5/F6 does work.) Clicking on the verse number, (or shift clicking on the verse) does work with just one bible version selected.

Peter

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hi Tim,
I still have a request on the MCP and clearing multiple selections. I do appreciate being able to use the space bar and up/down arrow keys to clear entries, but when you have a hundred items to clear it just takes too long! Could you put a button on those boxes allowing all entries to be cleared at once? Thanks for considering it.

Also on the Download Purchased Modules tab, when Sync to Bible Analyzer Store window opens it does not display the Sync and Cancel buttons and it is difficult to grab the corner arrow to expand the window. Could you fix that?

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim's latest on the WLC and related modules is awesome! Finally full Hebrew morphology - and searchable too! :lol:

Darrel

darrel_jw

F11 Preferences Loses Settings

Post by darrel_jw »

Problem with preferences. I press F11, set my default dictionary to WSD, Default commentary to Cambridge, Default Strong's Resource to StrongEx, Default Popup Bible to NET, and Default Strong's Popup Resource to CWD. I save my settings. I do work and (I think) I hit a problem and get an error message. When I re-open Preferences the Strong's Resource and Strong's Popup Resource have lost their settings and appear blank! As mentioned I THINK it is related to when an error occurs but am not certain of that.

Any ideas!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Just uploaded a new beta (5.2.0.26). Same link as first post.

I don't know if this will help the issue wsbones is having with the DCT and CMT dropdowns or not since I cannot duplicate it. I did make a couple changes. This may be a 32bit vs 64bit issue. I use 32bit to build with since it will also work on a 64bit system.

I did correct the issue when entering text into the entries and then selecting a topic. It should display the right entry now.

Also, now you can click the verse number in Parallel View and make it the current verse.

Also fixed the copy a selection issue.

The issue with not being able to mutually highlight in the WLCi Bible is unfortunately an un-fixable issue. There is either a flaw or bug in the Linux or wxPython window code that will not allow a mouse motion event to be located with a text that is displaying in RTL flow. When the WLCi is in LTR flow as in the Parallel View and export a verse to the MW, the mutual highlighting will work.

However, mutual highlighting will work in Dual View with the WLCi in RTL flow as long as the mouse is on the other text and it is LTR. For instance, if the other text is the AVs, doing the Alt move over th AVs text will highlight the corresponding word in the WLCi. Just not vice versa.

Try this one out and let me know.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I still have the dropdown problem. Here's a message that comes up when I run in terminal.
(ba-run.py:3686): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

I will create a 32 bit version of Linux 18 on a different HD and see if the problem goes away. Is anyone running Linux 18 for 64 bit?

How can I be sure I have downloaded the latest version? It's the same size as the previous one from the link on p.1 of this forum topic. Could the link be pointing to the previous version. "Help About" shows 5.2.0.26.

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

diff file1 file2 shows the current and last download are different, so I guess I still have the dropdown problem in the latest version.

Bill

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, the About dialog will show the version.

I don't know what is causing the dropdown issue unless it is something different with the 64bit edition.

Note, my computer is 64bit, but I run the 32bit of Mint in a Virtualbox.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

I am testing this with Mint 18 64bit.
There is something wrong with the dropdown for a certainty but I can't pin it down.

Additionally I have noticed this as shown in screen shot. The dropdown shows the word "Corrupted" but the module claims it is not there.
I find that issues manifest when just trying to look at words via the dropdown list. Clicking in the Bible view has worked ok for me so far. I was not sure if it was an issue with the dictionary I was using.

0001 Jon theWord_2017-04-29_142955.png
0001 Jon theWord_2017-04-29_142955.png (36.15 KiB) Viewed 46874 times

I am confused as to what the dropdown list represents. I thought it was just the current module. If so there is a synchronisation issue there.