5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
darrel_jw

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Linux)

Post by darrel_jw »

Hi Tim,
Well I thought I had covered all issues, but I copied all installed modules to another folder, reinstalled BA, re-downloaded all my premium modules, and tried to replicate the error. I could not, so yes it does look like I have a bad module somewhere, that the issue lies with me and not BA. Thanks for getting back to me Tim. I appreciate it!

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

further testing on all my modules - I found one of my text modules that was bad and causing BA to crash. Removed it and now no more crashes! :oops:

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hey Tim,
Just checking on the next release of Linux BA, in particular the problem of clicking on the Daily Devotions, followed by the Daily Journal, then clicking on the calendar and having BA lockup and needing to abort.

Also I hope you will take another look at S-Pad and provide some way to search documents that are created. Surely I am not the only one who uses it to write my messages, sermons and books. Right now the only recourse I have is rather painful, needing to export the contents to an external editor, insert appropriate tags, then import and build a book. There must be a better way!

Aside from those things I really like where BA is going and has come. Thanks Tim!

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I have, I think, found another issue with this build. I can play mp3 files nicely outside of BA. But when I link to the folder holding mp3 files and click Play on the tool bar nothing comes out. Am I missing something?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I uploaded a new beta.

This one has the Calendar control fixed, I think, plus the error when hovering over the tab area in some instances. Plus it has a couple other fixes.

Use the same link in the original post.

As for the audio, I'll have to check. There may be a dependency.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Outstanding! Yes, the calendar issue is fixed. I can now select whatever date I want and do a journal entry, or daily Bible reading, or Devotion. The only request/recommendation I would have is:
1. The current date should be bold
2. Any date with a journal entry should be bold

Other than that - good job Tim. Thanks!

Darrel

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

The commentary panel dropdown control for going to a different verse doesn't change the verse. Same goes for the dictionary dropdown changing topics.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hey Wsbones,
Can you elaborate on that? I can switch to either Commentaries or Dictionaries and it works great. For example I am on Gen 6:4 in AVs, click on "giants", it displays my default dictionary (CWD) showing H5303. I click the down arrow and select H5308 and the dictionary entry changes to that. I click verse 4 in the Bible and the panel changes to Commentaries and displays Gen 6:4 in my default commentary (Cambridge). I click the down arrow and select Gen 6:10 and the commentary changes to display that verse.

I am running Ubuntu-Mate 17.04. It is a VERY stable release.

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim,
Is there any way to get rid of the "Book/Article Viewer" thing that keeps showing up when I am reading a book module? It really hinders reading the text. Thanks!

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

The BA installation creates a module/Audio folder. After the installation when you click the Audio button on the tool bar you get an error message that says "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/darrel/Documents/BibleAnalyzer/modules/audio'". If you then create the "audio" folder BA then displays the Audio/Quiz Panel although it still does not play audio.