5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by Tim »

I have been bust with different things the last couple weeks, but I think v5.2 is about ready to release. Here is the exe.

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe

I did add a couple little things that actually help a lot. (I had been meaning to for quite a while.)
  • Now the scroll position will be saved under Dct and Cmt tabs when switching tabs. If you switch back and forth between tabs the scroll position you left the page in should be restored. However, if you resize a window or move a sash the position will not be exact.

Also, the scroll position of the current Dct, Cmt, and Book tab will be saved between starts. The pages should be as you left them.

One more thing, I added a link at the bottom of a search results page that will go forward or back for results that exceed the page verse limit. (300 verses by default). Just search for a term with a lot of hits and it should be visible.
If everything is Ok with this beta, I'll release it soon.

I also did away with the strongEn mod and incorporated a lot of it into the standard strongEx. I added the search links to the CWD mod. Here are links to those,

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/strongEx.zip
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/cwd.zip
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Tim,
Can you or someone help me or direct me to information :oops: ? What are "cognate groups"? Thanks!

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

cog·nate
(of a word) having the same linguistic derivation as another; from the same original word or root

This page mentions them also, https://sites.google.com/site/toolsfors ... e/lexicons
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Hey Tim,
Just curious - I thought the new official release would include the AV-PCEs, StrongEX and CWD. Was I mistaken and those are picked up elsewhere? The download went smoothly and in VirtualBox plays nicely! Good job.

Darrel

WRM

Post by WRM »

Hi Tim,

Yes further to Darrel's question; I can't see in the download modules where to get the CWD and the WSD. I guess this is required to make the M (Morphological Studies) button active. It's just greyed out for me no matter what I select or do.

The texts like for instance the AVs has a space before the period (full stop) and also commas etc. if the Strongs numbers hidden but not toggled off. It looks like this . (Strong's Data Transparently Linked)
Yet if you switch them off it looks normal.

Thanks,
Rohan

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The Bible Analyzer program setup file does not include the Strong's material. It is part of the newly updated WordStudy Bundle. Those of you on this forum, however, can get the updated files (TRi, StrongEX, CWD) from the links I posted above. The AV-PCE will become the AVs soon. I need to move the tense-voice-verb tags over to it to make it complete. I think that will deal with the added space issue when finished. Anyway, you can use the PCE posted until the final one is done.
Tim Morton

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is the new AVs module. It is the previous PCE with the added TVM data. This has quite a bit more data than the old AVs. It has red-letters, Strong's Numbers, TVM tags, and Translator's Notes. It is the same file name, "av1769s" so it will update and replace the old.

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/av1769s.zip

Check it out and if no issues I will put it in the bundles and the free section of the Download Manager.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Okay, I think I am a little confused. When I install the new AVs, then pull John 10:10 (just as an example. this occurs in almost all entries) and look at 'The thief' (G2812) it does not show anything for the TVM. Then I switch to the new TRi and it shows G3588 and T-NSM for 'The', then G2812 and N-NSM for 'thief'.

The TRi entries match what theWord shows, so I don't understand what AVs is showing. It does not appear to accurately shows neither Strongs numbers nor TVM accurately. None of the other modules that show TVM match what AVs is showing either.

Am I missing or not understanding something? Can you help me to understand?

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

TVM is only for verbs. If you will look at the next word "cometh" after "thief" (a noun) it is a verb and has a dark red number signifying a verb. The TVM number or word "verb" is only visible when the numbers are showing. If the links are transparent they do not show. Also, the StrongEx mod must be the default Strong's Dict.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Thanks for getting back Tim.

I do have some more questions on this. In almost all Bible programs TVM is used for everything and not just verbs. Even with BA TRi shows TVM for both. For example John 10:10, 'The' is G3588 and T-NSM, and 'Thief' is G2812 and N-NSM. But in AVs 'The thief' is G2812 with no TVM. How do I reconcile those?

Also in your new version announcement you mention that one needs to set the new WSD as the default dictionary. Did you mean for this to be either the CWD or StrongEn rather than WSD?

Even though I have questions and 'issues' I like where BA has come to. Thanks for the hard work Tim!

Darrel