5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by Tim »

With the Session Manager and the Download Manager one can make multiple selections by holding the shift key down and then toggle the check with the spacebar, but the Group Titles and Multiple Bible won't do it. I'll check and see if it can be enabled with the next minor update.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Thanks Tim!

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I know we have talked previously about building book modules and you have said it's not possible (I think that was your words) to create chapter headings, that one needs to go to an editor and insert the necessary codes to create chapters and other things. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Would it be possible to switch from XML to RTF file format in S-Pad? I think RTF is also cross-platform compliant?
2. Would it not be possible to allow one to insert various markings (such as chapter, header, etc) from drop-down lists in S-Pad?
3. Finally, would it not be possible to then create books using similar technics that you use with Notes to create commentaries?

I push on this issue since I used electronic Bibles to create my messages, new books and various other documents.. Surely I am not alone on this area, and it would sure make my life easier! Thanks for considering Tim.

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I rearrange my Bibles in the order I want them, then I hide the tab for a Bible I don't want displayed. BA then loses the rearranged order and they revert back to the original Bible order! This should not happen.

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

When rearranging modules, where is that order saved? I had thought it was either bibLayout.dat, config.ini, mainLayout.dat or session.dat, but apparently not.

JPG

Post by JPG »

darrel_jw wrote:When rearranging modules, where is that order saved? I had thought it was either bibLayout.dat, config.ini, mainLayout.dat or session.dat, but apparently not.
I see changes saved at program exit in the config.ini file.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Jon, thanks!
I had made changes to those files, saved a copy of them, but had not closed BA first, so the changes were not saved. Then when I had a crash in BA and copied the "saved" files back to BA I ended up copying the original contents and not the updated ones! Now I can modify my procedure and be okay!

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I Just updated 5.2 to fix a couple bugs and added a couple of easy features Darrel mentioned. See this post, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=963&p=3422#p3422
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

thanks Tim!