5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by Tim »

Tense, voice, and mood can only apply to verbs. Nouns and other parts of speech cannot have these traits. Now all words have a part of speech or morphology, but not verb traits.

You mention "thief," a noun, Here is the morphology for it,

Part of Speech: Noun
Case: Nominative (subject; predicate nominative)
Number: Singular

Notice, there is no tense, voice, or mood, but with the verb "cometh," there is,

Tense: Present
Voice: middle or passive depoNent
Mood: Indicative
Person: third
Number: Singular

The AVs only has the verbs because those are the most important words to be parsed or studied. Much more than say a congunction.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Thanks for replying Tim. So does the same reasoning apply between the AVs and TRi regarding Strong's numbers, again using the same example from John 10:10 where 'The' has a Strong's number in the TRi but not in the AVs?

Sorry for taking so much time on this issue, but just want to understand how to use tools in BA.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Is there a reason why footnotes were removed from the new AVs where they used to be in AVPCe?

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

In the Quick View (which I REALLY like!) I would like to be able to hold the shift key (or some other key) and move the mouse into the quick view to scroll its contents. Is that possible?

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Just wanted to say I am seeing the value of having StrongEx, CWD and WSD. It does make a lot of information available!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Most English texts with SN don't have as many as the original texts, I'm not sure the reason.

The footnotes should be there. Where are they missing?
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

My bad! Somehow I did not copy the latest AV1769s.bib module to VirtualBox! I now have footnotes! Although I now have to make the corrections made previously to AVpce.bib, namely the footnote reference and the actual footnote in the footnote table are not numbered correctly. For example Jonah 1:1 has footnote 1, but the entry in the footnote table is 14. You can reference other notes between Jon and myself showing the entries that need correcting. In this case the 14 should be changed to 1 so all books start at 1 and not continuing from the previous book.

JPG

Post by JPG »

darrel_jw wrote:My bad! Somehow I did not copy the latest AV1769s.bib module to VirtualBox! I now have footnotes! Although I now have to make the corrections made previously to AVpce.bib, namely the footnote reference and the actual footnote in the footnote table are not numbered correctly. For example Jonah 1:1 has footnote 1, but the entry in the footnote table is 14. You can reference other notes between Jon and myself showing the entries that need correcting. In this case the 14 should be changed to 1 so all books start at 1 and not continuing from the previous book.

At this post viewtopic.php?p=3381#p3381

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I just fixed all these here. They will be ok in the official upload.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Help! I had asked before if you could put a button in the "Select Group Titles" allowing one to clear all selections. Also in the Multiple Bible selection. When you have a LOT of modules it is very time-consuming to manually clear all entries. Can you do that Tim? Thanks for considering!

Darrel