5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
John45

Re: 5.2 Beta Testing (Windows)

Post by John45 »

Tim, the splash screen still says 5.1. I didn't know you had put this new version out until today, so I downloaded it and added the latest EXE.

John
John

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Jon,

The scrolling issue can vary widely depending on the user's computer. A results page with SN showing can cause a lag if the page has the full 300 verses. Search results currently break at 300 verses with following groups of 300 accessible via the dropdown. The break used to be 100 verses and I increased it to 500 in v5.1 and then to 300 in this beta. I have tried it on a tablet with a relatively slow Atom processor and though there is a slight lag, it is very usable. When "Single Line" or "Snippet" mode is selected, the lag is essentially gone.

One option is to give the user an option to select how many verses display at a time in a Results page. Say starting from 100. This could even be a hidden option made by editing the config.ini file.

I like to keep the number of verses as high as practical so with most searches all the results will be on one page. Some users don't realize that with a lot of hits the results must be divided into separate pages, and I get emails.

John,

Yes, I will update the splash screen soon. May even make a new one.

Thanks to you all.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

JPG

Post by JPG »

Tim wrote:Jon,

The scrolling issue can vary widely depending on the user's computer. A results page with SN showing can cause a lag if the page has the full 300 verses. Search results currently break at 300 verses with following groups of 300 accessible via the dropdown. The break used to be 100 verses and I increased it to 500 in v5.1 and then to 300 in this beta. I have tried it on a tablet with a relatively slow Atom processor and though there is a slight lag, it is very usable. When "Single Line" or "Snippet" mode is selected, the lag is essentially gone.

One option is to give the user an option to select how many verses display at a time in a Results page. Say starting from 100. This could even be a hidden option made by editing the config.ini file.

I like to keep the number of verses as high as practical so with most searches all the results will be on one page. Some users don't realize that with a lot of hits the results must be divided into separate pages, and I get emails.

Thanks to you all.
I would like to experiment with a config.ini option.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I have been trying to search several translations for "nephilim". I can search single Bibles, such as NASBs or AV-PCEs, and it returns results. But if I click "Search Multiple Bibles" and, as an example, tick LEB and ASVs it fails with the following error. Very frustrating!

Version: Bible Analyzer 5.2.0.14
Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer 5 Portable
Modules Path: C:\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer 5 Portable
User Path: C:\ProgramData\Bible Analyzer 5 Portable
Current Ref: 1Sa 8:5
Current Bible: NASBs
Current Dict: Thompson
Current Comm: CB-Notes
Current Word: Says

Operating System: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition
Free Memory: 3818815488
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N950 Quad-Core Processor
System Architecture: 32bit AMD64
Frozen: windows_exe

#---- End System Information ----#

#---- Traceback Info ----#

*** Tue Feb 14 17:38:16 2017 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "analyzer5.py", line 1948, in OnResNBChanged
IndexError: list index out of range

*** Tue Feb 14 17:40:09 2017 ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "analyzer5.py", line 1948, in OnResNBChanged
IndexError: list index out of range

#---- End Traceback Info ----#

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Hum...there must be another setting difference somewhere because I can't reproduce it.
multiple.png
multiple.png (124.09 KiB) Viewed 32517 times
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

How do I insert an image into a comment on the forum? Paste doesn't work. Does the image have to be stored on the web or can it be on the HD? In the line below I inserted a link from my onedrive on the web, but I don't see anything in preview.

Thanks.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Images are treated as attachments. The images need to be on your computer then you can open them or drag and drop. Then once placed "inline" there will be a link in the text body that you can move around. You can see the image with Preview.
Image.png
Image.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 32514 times
Tim Morton

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

Thanks Tim,

Giving it a test below.
test image
test image
Capture.PNG (3.94 KiB) Viewed 32512 times

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, here is another beta (5.2.0.16),
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/bibleanalyzer5.exe

This one fixes,
  • An issue when an entry in the search results dropdown is selected.
  • Formatting of Strong's Numbers in some displays (now superscript)
Added Config Setting,

Added a hidden setting in the config.ini file to control the number of verses per results page. Add this line to the config.ini file,
pageBreak = 300

The number can be any but the code will restrict it from 50 to 500. This should alleviate any scrolling issues on practically any system.
(If the line is not manually added the code will insert it, but it may reset some of your other settings in the process)

Also, I had to make a code change in parsing search links that requires a different way of marking them. Here is an updated StrongEn that will work, http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/StrongEn.zip
Tim Morton

JPG

Post by JPG »

pageBreak=500 is not good for me, scrolling results page with mouse-wheel.
pageBreak=50 works best for me.

Why can't the page scroll the next group of 50 results when you reach the bottom? and if this is possible why not load 10 results at a time when scrolling instead of 500.

I honestly don't think my computer is underpowered what do you think.

AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeoon HD Graphics 3.70 GHz
14.0 GB Ram. 64 bit Operating System (Windows 10)