Copy Paste and Export (Linux Mint 17.3)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Alec

Copy Paste and Export (Linux Mint 17.3)

Post by Alec »

Copy and paste with BibleAnalyzer 5 under Linux Mint 64 bit has been frustrating. I've tried a number of different beta versions. Right now I'm using the latest Beta, 5.0.4.11. After extensive testing, the only way I can reliably copy scriptures outside of Bible Analyzer is by using the following steps. The good news is that these steps so far always work consistently:

1. Set the Bible Window to the first verse from which you want to copy (e.g. Galatians 3.4).
2. Right-click in the Bible Window. (Right-clicking on the specific verse doesn't seem to be necessary.)
3. Select the option from the popup (Export from Gal 3:4 to Gal: ). Slide the cursor to the right until the drop down appears and then select the ending verse you want to copy (e.g. 9 for Gal 3:9).
4. Go to S-Pad, select the verses just exported (e.g. Gal 3:4-9).
5. Press CTRL+C to copy.
6. Press CTRL+V to paste in your word processing or other application.

The format of the exported verses may be set under the option CONTROL -> PREFERENCES DIALOG -> EXPORT FORMAT.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others.
Alec

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Copy Paste and Export (Linux Mint 17.3)

Post by Tim »

I'll look into this. One should be able to copy directly.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Alec

Post by Alec »

Thanks Tim :D

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I concur with this issue. I am running Gnome 15.10 and BA 5.0.4.11 and do not see any option to export scripture outside of BA. I have to go to S-Pad then copy/paste to outside application.

Darrel

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Just a word - Tim has fixed the copy/paste issue in the latest Linux version (may not be posted yet, but I have verified it works beautifully. Also mouse wheel scrolling in notes works beautifully!

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Yes, the copy issue should be fixed now. A new beta is up. Same deb file name.

Once Mint is updated after Ubuntu is next month we will see about releasing BA 5 for Linux.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)