Bible Analyzer 5 Macintosh beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Bible Analyzer 5 Macintosh beta

Post by Tim »

We now have ready a v5 beta for Macintosh. There have been a lot of changes made to this release over the v4 Mac edition, although many may not be visible. One thing is it is now based on the Cocoa framework, plus it is now Intel only. Those of you who still have a PPC system will have to continue to use one of the BA v4 editions.

Another change is the location of the modules. In v4 they were located in /Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer. In v5 there are in the user writable Home/USER/Library/Application Support/Bible Analyzer. This should alleviate the issues some were having writing to or indexing modules. We placed a utility in the v5 Tools menu that will copy all v4 file to the v5 location.

Also, v5 is distributed as a DMG image instead of a pkg file. This make installation more convenient. The DMG file contains the basic modules distributed with Bible Analyzer and will install them into the modules folder for each user on the computer. This is the way BA works now in Linux as well. This is really the only way to deal with the permissions issues and multiple users on a single computer.

Since Apple now distributes OS X freely, we have updated to 10.10.3 on our development system. Most Mac users have likely updated as well. However, v5 will probably run on earlier editions of OS X. Possible back to 10.6. All the v5 features appear to be working in this Mac edition, however, a couple access changes had to be made. For instance, OS X will not allow the Insert key to be used as a shortcut, so for the Quick Insert of text into ScripturePad Alt+I must be used (or the menu item under the Control Menu.)

Here is the file,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/Bibl ... r5beta.dmg

Simply open the DMG and drag BA into the Applications alias.

Let me know of any issues or problems.

Thanks!
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 5 Macintosh beta

Post by Tim »

Well...I haven't gotten any replies for the Mac beta. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Anyway, here is an updated beta (015). It updates and adds a few things. It now will install the Greek and Hebrew fonts needed as well as the "old font" for the AV-1611.

It also fixes the annoyance of the search results scrolling back to the top when a link is clicked in it. The results should also stay in the last scrolled position when tabs are changed Results Panel. If the window is resized or layout changed, all pages (except the Bible if a verse is selected) will reset and scroll to the top.

There are a few other minor refinements and changes, which I forget right now...but try it out. If it works all right the next one will be a release candidate.

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/Bibl ... eta015.dmg
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

srice

Post by srice »

I have been using the Beta, it seems to work better. I just grabbed the updated beta today. I will let you know if I run across any issues.
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

srice

Post by srice »

One of the things I have noticed is that when I open a passage. Such as 1 Sam 3:1 and then click on the commentary tab in the right hand side. If I click on the little black arrow to view more commentaries and then I select one out of the list, it always opens the commentary just before the one I selected. At first I thought I clicked the wrong one, but it happens each time. So in the screen shot I had clicked the little black arrow to see all the commentaries and I selected the Poole and it came up with the PNT. If you click right on the tab it isn't a problem, but if you click on the little black triangle on the right hand side and select a commentary, it will always select the one before it consistently.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 3.41.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 3.41.33 PM.png (169.52 KiB) Viewed 45759 times
Serving the King,
Shane Rice
Romans 12:1-2
http://www.ricefamilyministries.com

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Will fix.

Thanks!
Tim Morton

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Hi Tim...
I'm new to Bible Analyzer, from what I have experienced so far I am very pleased. I am running Mac OS X 10.10.4 and after a few days of BA4 I thought I would give BA5 Beta a run. So far so good.

A few things I have come across are:
~ "Check for update" in the "Help" menu displays update available for version 5.0.2.25, when I select "Yes" it downloads .exe file which will not work for Mac.
~ Certain free modules will not download (KJV Apocryphal Books, New English Translation Notes, A Theological Dictionary - Buck, Classic Maps of the Bible World, Foxes Book of Martyrs Images, Martyr's Mirrors Images)

Thanks for offering this program

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Here is the Release Candidate for Bible Analyzer 5.

What is fixed in this is,

User Manual will now open.
Dual Bible issues fixed.
An issue with the Dct/Cmt suggestion dropdowns.
Clicking title in Dropdown arrow menu opened wrong tab (Thanks srice).
Files that would not install after download (Pilgrim, I think those you mentioned will now install).

Here is the DMG,
http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/files/BibleAnalyzer5RC.dmg

If this release works OK we will go with it.
Tim Morton

HansK

Post by HansK »

Tim,

The download module is still not working for me.
I have some items shown as not purchased, but I did purchase these (as you know for some weeks now).
Hope this will be fixed soon.

Hans

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Hans,

I haven't forgotten. Just put it on the "back burner" for a while.

Try to sync with the Store again and see if all your purchases now show.

This was mainly an online database and PHP issue. If there are still issues, let me know.
Tim Morton

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Hello Tim...
I was going to try working with the Module Creation Tool today in BA5 Beta. The tool will not open. I am not sure if I am not doing something wrong or if it is a glitch in BA5 Beta.
Thanks