Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Bible Analyzer 4.9 Beta (Linux)

Post by Tim »

Some systems have different standard font sizes and such and won't fit. I'll see about making the DM window resizable.

For now you can click Modules/Download Purchased Modules in the Main Menu to open the Sync dialog.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

I could be blind here but as far as I can tell, no such menu link exists.

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

So for anybody else with this problem, just install unity-tweak-tool (assuming your using Unity) click on font and adjust the Text Scaling Factor.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Brother Tim

Excellent job. I am sure I speak for more than just myself in expressing my appreciation for your continued commitment to the Linux community, and of course to your great work for the Lord.

I had 4.8 on my Ubuntu 14.04 and installed the current 4.9 as an upgrade. All went well. I moved my modules from the /opt/bibleanalyzer/modules directory to the ~/Documents/bibleanalyzer/modules directory, and that went well save for a couple of exceptions.

whenever I have the following modules in by bible folder, BA does not want to open. It displays the splash screens and abruptly stops:

gntv.bib
wycliff.bib
rv.bib
sttr.bib

Otherwise I have had no issues. Will continue to test.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Try downloading these Bible titles using the Download Manager and see if you still have the issue. You may have the older files that do not have the new indexes.

Glad it is working pretty good so far.

Thanks for testing.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Downloaded Wycliff and RV via download manager. BA immediately exited and will not start again. I again removed them and all works as expected.

An error report was sent.