Linux/Ubuntu 4.6.5 Beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
MPaul

Re: Linux/Ubuntu 4.6.5 Beta

Post by MPaul »

If (when) BA is accepted in the Ubuntu Software Center, I just wonder how the Adamic nature might work. There could be jealousy, and that could lead to some interesting reactions... like not telling the truth about the program. If so, any response to such circumstances must be completely spiritual. However, it is important for BA Linux users to do a review in the Software Center, to make certain that the actual truth comes out. So... Tim when you hear if it is going in please make an announcement. One just never really knows what could happen, but I have seen jealousy from others over the program before.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I haven't heard anything from them yet. It will likely take a few days for them to look it over. I'll announce the progress as I get it.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

I can confirm it works in Kubuntu, however the gksu dependency needs to be added to the apt script. At least for initial run anyway.

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

Just bought a few modules. I was in a hurry and installed the exe's, but wanted to let you know I did buy them for my Linux boxes and I'm praying that your Linux sales increase drastically. I love having such a wonderful tool on Linux!

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

nymusicman

Post by nymusicman »

I'm having some problems with copy/paste. If I try to copy content from the scripture pad it doesn't do anything and if I try to copy from the Bible it gets an error debug.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, I'll look into it.
Tim Morton

rosc

Post by rosc »

Just installed the beta, and I can resize the prefs dialog so I can see the whole texts (I think that was a problem for me in the 4.5.5 version.)

Still need to add the resize option for the module creation tools.

So far so good otherwise :)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

I have this old 32 bit computer that I keep around to run old magnificent printers. Hmm... but it runs great, and i think it is a lot better than 64 bit, even in Windows.

So I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it (which is actually the best OS for old machines it seems), and then I put in BA just now. It runs nice. I have not put in any modules, but I ran the dual window, and it seems to work just fine. If I change a verse,though, then I have to click the dual window icon, and click sync.... but maybe, that is the design of it.

So I got to thinking... maybe, the dual window problem I have in my other computer is the 64 bit format. Hmm... but I was told we have to go to 64 bit, and I think I believe this. Well... I think I'll try it on another 32 bit computer soon.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Bible Analyzer in Ubuntu Software Center. See this post,
http://bibleanalyzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=528
Tim Morton