Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
MPaul

Re: Linux/Ubuntu 4.5 Beta

Post by MPaul »

I tried to rename the dictionary but it did not work.

Here is what I did and the responses.

cd /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/dictionary
response
/usr/share/bibanalyzer/modules/dictionary$

Then I tried the rename without sudo and with sudo, but the response was the same.

/sur/share/biblanalyzer/modules/dictionary$ mv s-strongEX.dct StrongEX.dct

/sur/share/biblanalyzer/modules/dictionary$ sudo mv s-strongEX.dct StrongEX.dct

both commands got the response
mv: cannot stat 's-strongEX.dct': No such file or directory

I could go on to some other issues in BA, but I would like to resolve this one first.

Under Tools, Display Primary Modules, I looked in the dictionary folder and there is an s-strongEX.dct

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

s-strongEX.dct should work. Let me check a couple things on Ubuntu and I'll get back.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

MPaul wrote: /sur/share/biblanalyzer/modules/dictionary$ sudo mv s-strongEX.dct StrongEX.dct
The source file name should be s-strongEx.dct, not s-strongEX.dct. At least that is what I have.

The file name I have in the dictionary directory is s-strongEx.dct and that appears to be working fine.

Here is the output of my mv command (non-sudo) as I do not want to rename my file. You can see the difference, though.

Code: Select all

/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/Dictionary$ mv s-strongEX.dct StrongEX.dct
mv: cannot stat `s-strongEX.dct': No such file or directory

/usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/Dictionary$ mv s-strongEx.dct StrongEX.dct
mv: cannot move `s-strongEx.dct' to `StrongEX.dct': Permission denied

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Thank you, Mike. The name of the source file was wrong. I have no practice at this.

So I tried renaming -- and I changed to StrongEX.dct and s-strongEX.dct and StrongEx.dct and s-StrongEx and none worked. However, to get a go window, I had to click on the multi-window icon. I thought that before there was a go window just with the dictionary itself, but my memory is not good. Still, the response is the same AV Strong Index not loaded and should be purchased. I also tried using the quick reference window for a search, but it did not work with the dictionary. Four windows came up, but the dictionary reference was not changed.

Brother Mike

Post by Brother Mike »

Please send me a detailed process of what you are trying to do and see if I can reproduce it. Please go step by step.

Thee is a export to multi-win icon in the dictionary area. Not sure if that is what you are refering to. In any case, send me the list and I will see what happens. It all SEEMS to be working OK for me.

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Opened terminal

entered --
cd /usr/share/bibleanalyzer/modules/dictionary

response --
/usr/share/bibanalyzer/modules/dictionary$

entered --
/usr/share/bibanalyzer/modules/dictionary$ sudo mv s-strongEx.dct StrongEX.dct

response was that the name changed, but the index did not work, but a screen noted it was not installed and could be purchased.

So in the same manner, I changed the name to s-StrongEx.dct, then strongEX.dct, then s-strongEX.dct, but none of these name changes created any difference, but the index still did not work.

If your index works, could you go into the module and see what the name of the file is? I will change the name to what you have.

I refered to the icon, export to multiwindow.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

s-strongEx.dct is the correct case of the filename. I mis-typed it above. Mike had it right.

The AV/Strong Index works OK on this Ubuntu installation (11.10). Be sure you have the file s-strongEx.dct (with this exact word case) in your modules/dictionaries folder and the Indexer should work.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

Tim,

What are you using for the Textus Receptus? It's probably Scrivener, or Stephanus 1550, or Beza 1565. At times it is important to know, and I think it should be referenced somewhere in the software. At any rate, I do need to know for my uses.

Thank you,

MPaul

Post by MPaul »

OK, I changed it to s-strongEx.dct

It does not work. I still get the screen that the index is not installed and I should buy the bundle.

Sorry.

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I believe the TR is Stephanus 1550.

I suspect it is just a small issue that is causing BA not to find your Strongs Dict. module, but I don't know what it is.

For the release edition of 4.5 I'll try to come up with an installer for the modules that will hopefully make installing them easier.

Give me a few days. I will be busy for the next week or so.
Tim Morton