Toolbar Issue - BA 4.0 -Windows XP Pro

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
AUoletimer

Toolbar Issue - BA 4.0 -Windows XP Pro

Post by AUoletimer »

The main menu toobar button donot appear on opening BA 4.0. These are the six to the left of the find button as shown in the website tutorial. I have tried the help section and the tutorials, but cannot visualize these buttons . I have other versions of BA installed and on opening the 3.9 version I can see the main menu toolbar button.

I would greatly appreciate any answers that any one can provide. I would also like to know if it is OK or not to remove previous versions of Bible Analyzer and use only the 4.0 version.

A joyful worshipful and blessed Christmas to all.

Tim
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar Issue - BA 4.0 -Windows XP Pro

Post by Tim »

The disappearing menu is a mystery and we are looking into it, but there are a couple things you can try.

First, click the small "L" button in the Toolbar for the layout menu and select the "default layout" and see if your menu comes back. If it doesn't you need to delete the
biblayout.dat,
mainlayout.dat, and
config4.ini
files in your Bible Analyzer User Data folder.

In Windows XP the typical location would be,
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\My Documents\Bible Analyzer User Modules

In Windows Vista and 7 the path would be,
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Bible Analyzer
or
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Romaing\Documents\Bible Analyzer

Concerning previous installations of Bible Analyzer, they can be safely deleted but do not delete the modules when asked by the uninstall program. V4 uses them.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)