After months of development, Bible Analyzer 4 is ready for final testing. It has many new features and enhancements and is a major overhaul of Bible Analyzer.
Below is an installation .exe of v4 portable that will install all files under one folder. This is more convenient for testing purposes. http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/BibleAnalyzer401port-setup.exe
It come with the standard free modules plus four of the new Harmony/Parallel PLL modules. If you have other modules, just copy them in the corresponding Modules folder.
If you have any issues or problems with this RC, please let me know. If you get an error, please send the error report if the reporter pops up.
We have three videos ready showing some of the new features (.swf),http://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/tutorials/update40.htmhttp://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/tutorials/layout.htmhttp://www.BibleAnalyzer.com/tutorials/harmony.htm
Here is a list of many of the new features,
* New Interface with an advanced window manager. It allows floating, docking and stacking of windows. The Positions are restored on next start. User layouts can also be saved.
* A single Quick Entry acts as input for both searches and reference lookup.
* The text from any Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, Book, and Results Page can be exported to the MultiWindow with a history.
* Multiple Bible Search option in Advanced Search with text select.
* A Harmony/Parallel Text Generator. User can make custom parallel tables on the fly by entering refs and also view premade harmony/parallel modules
* The selection of the Bible, Dictionary, and Commentary windows are saved on exit. The current verse and dictionary topic are also saved.
* A Bookmarks Menu which holds ten verse bookmarks with hot-keys. Shift+Entry will allow an existing BM to be changed.
* The Parallel Bible Display is now the last tab in the Bible Window. Its appearance has also been changed. In Parallel mode, on right click a search will search the Bible of the text clicked.
* A compact button control is on the toolbar that contains six buttons. These allow quick and convenient maneuvering between windows.
* The Jump button (J) toggles whether a click on a expanded window will jump to the object of the click. That is, a click on a word will display (jump) to the definition in the current dictionary; a click on a reference will display the current commentary, etc.
* The Bible, Dictionary, Commentary and Results (B, D, C, R) buttons will expand/contract the corresponding window. It will also cause the corresponding window to display if it has been closed and dock it if floating. A second click will expand the window.
* The Layout (L) button opens the Layout menu allowing saving, deleting, and restoring saved layouts.
* The window under the cursor will scroll with the mouse wheel even if it doesn't have the current focus (one window must have focus).
* Master Control Panel is larger.
* Verse Popup code has been completely reworked. Can now display unicode (Greek, etc.) with more formatting options.
* Reworked Export/Copy Settings in Preferences with many more settings.
* Changed some of the main and window toolbar icons. Window toolbar icons now have action on mouse cursor hover.
* Added context help button to bottom of Master Control Panel, Preferences, and some other panels.
* Related Search now searches for multi-word phrases as well. The results display is also updated. Initial display will show only refs but includes "search links" to search and display verses as normal search.
* Find "First Mention" of all words in a verse added to right-click menu.
* An online update check is available from the Help Menu. It will check for a newer version and download the setup file to the desktop if desired.
* When a word is left-clicked it will be looked up in the default dictionary. With Alt key down, the word will be looked up in the current dictionary.
* Image modules have been updated to SQLite databases like the other modules. On run Image Viewer will convert modules if necessary (Will need to restart to see them).
* A new "Bible Analyzer User Modules" folder is placed under the user's Documents folder for user created modules.
* Modules no longer need to be placed in their corresponding folders (although that is preferred).
* Plus more.