Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Issues and Comments on the Current Beta Versions
darrel_jw

Re: Bible Analyzer 5.4 beta (Linux)

Post by darrel_jw »

Well, there appears to be other issues? Here's the current contents:

sudo /opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-run.py
2.7.17rc1 (default, Oct 10 2019, 10:26:01)
[GCC 9.2.1 20191008]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-run.py", line 6, in <module>
import analyzer5
File "/opt/bibleanalyzer/ba-540.zip/analyzer5.py", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: No module named adv

The modified ba-540.zip file has the adv.py in its content.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

So Tim, what do you think? Is there anything I should do and/or try?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Not at the moment. It seems the apt package manager will not recognize modules installed by pip, and deb packages are built with apt.

In a few days Ubuntu 19.10 will be released and I'll see what happens trying to install v5.4 with it. I'll have to change the deb some, most likely.
Tim Morton
Developer, Bible Analyzer

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

You can test/try on the 19.10 beta now if you want. That's what I am running and it appears quite solid.

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

Any movement yet?

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I have to convert all the code to Python 3.7 before it will run on stock Linux. I've started on it, but it may take a while. Windows and Mac can use v5.4 as is so I'm going to get them going good first.
Tim Morton

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:5 AV)

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

After several hours work, I have the Bible Analyzer Linux code converted to Python 3.6+. This deb should install on any Ubuntu 19.10 distro,

www.bibleanalyzer.com/bibleanalyzer_5.4-1_all.deb

I think nearly everything works on it (except the display of RTL texts). The exact audio timing works. See this page for details and testing files, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1006

I have found one issue that may be a wxPython bug. When a Bible page is scrolled to the bottom,, the page will begin to jump and not scroll all the way. If any others see this, let me know and I'll report it. I haven't seen it occur on dictionary or commentary pages, but it may.

Test this beta out and let me know what you find.
Tim Morton

darrel_jw

Post by darrel_jw »

I had to delete the config.ini and then BA 5.4 booted. I can scroll to the bottom of a Bible page and I have no jumping.

But for me the RTL is critical. Do you have a time frame for when that will work?

Darrel

Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I will have to completely re-code the page display to get RTL on Linux. I'll work on it as I get time.
Tim Morton

wsbones

Post by wsbones »

I installed a fresh Ubuntu 19.10 and the BA 5.4 beta. The verse level audio is now working. Thanks. I'll be doing some more testing.